HP DV6 7003TU partition problem

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by technomaster, Dec 13, 2012.

1. technomaster

technomaster MDL Junior Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Hi

I just brought hp dv6 70003-TU with preinstalled windows7 home basic so my problem is i want to create a second partition for my data but in disk management he shows 4 partition 1-system 2-Recovery 3-Windows 4-HP Tools
    now when i shrink volume C: he separate the require space i needed but when i finnish the dive creating mehtod he give me a message that if i create this partition disk will be converted into dynamic mode from basic... If i click on yes (Do it) an another message appear you can't create further primary partition if you want to create partition delete one of primary partition from disk.....

I knew if the disk convert into dynamic disk my Recovery partition cannot be accessible but i have a tool dynamic to basic converter 3.2 this software can convert the disk in to basic without losing data ... But the problem is in this machine i can't create the partition i also used some partition software partition magic/acronics but no one solve my issue plz help me out what should i do :(

2. 5856898

5856898 MDL Junior Member

Aug 18, 2012
    If you want to partition your primary drive on HP Laptops, I'll suggest you creating Recovery Media by using HP Recovery Manager before you do any operation, then deleting your HP TOOLS partition and create an extended partition afterwards.

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    limitations for MBR disk is 4 max primary partitions.. or 3 primary and 4th a logical encapsulation for extended partitions (many more than 4 supported)

4. NABAKUMAR

NABAKUMAR MDL Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Agree with you totally.....Before messing up with the newly bought system, create Recovery discs because you have genuine OS pre-installed, though it would take nearly 3-4 hours for creating and burning the DVDs

I have seen the HP guys in Authorized seller to do the same thing, i.e., they remove they remove an extra drive(HP Tools i suppose) in Computer Management>Storage>Disk Management and then they shrink the C Drive to create new partitions.

5. TShadow

TShadow MDL Junior Member

May 21, 2007
    I've done the following on my HP. Converted the disk from dynamic to basic with Free Partiton Wizard. Then made drive C a logical disk, shrinked it and created a new extended partition on the free space, in my case I gave it the logical letter F. Now I could install Windows 8 as dual boot system without deleting any partition. I know, it's a bit of work, but that's how I prefered doing it.

6. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    i prefer 3 primary partitions then rest logical. done
    the HP_TOOS is overated. all it is is the bios restore and EFI diagnostics files... which u can be remade on USB with the .exe from this laptosps dload page so its not needed really.