HP dv9574ea Windows 7 Activation

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by fdjc, May 21, 2010.

1. fdjc

fdjc MDL Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Hi guys,
    I have a mates laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit.
    It was working perfectly with a modded bios with slic 2.1 found on this forum.

However he isn't exactly tech savvy and so the KB971033 was installed (even though when I installed windows 7 I clicked the hide this update craic...) yesterday. He rebooted and now windows is saying its not genuine.

I have tried other certficates and SLP keys but to no avail. Strange thing is my laptop, Sony Vaio, installed the update fine 2 days ago and seems I am still activated. (Have not tried the Sony key though.)

What options do I have?

I am quite technically minded, about to (hopefully) graduate with a Computer Science degree in the next few weeks.

Any help is apprecaited.

Regards,
    fdjc

2. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    Since it most likely has an HP SLIC 2.1 added to that Bios, Install the HP Certificate and HP OEM SLP Key and go to the M$ Site and ReValidate.
    It should pass as Genuine.
    If it doesn't ask whoever made the Mod to look at it, possibly a different Method can be used or a Different HP SLIC 2.1 can be added.

3. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    You say its a modded bios but your mgadiag report says that a loader is installed from a pre-activating DVD.

Just run Daz' Loader and press Uninstall button. (will remove traces of any loader)
    Then install the OEM:SLP key.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    The OP also have an invalid VLK office license, thats also flags Windows as non genuine. And the key he is using is not an OEM key...it's a retail key. So he is not using the right cert with a OEM key.

5. MasterDisaster

Aug 29, 2009
    Invalid Office license does not affect the way WAT works. WAT validates only Windows and not Office.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. MasterDisaster

Aug 29, 2009
    He changed it to the default key.

7. fdjc

fdjc MDL Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Done with rep/thanks.

@myhken
    I'll leave my office as is until it nags me lol
    Its good info though for the future if I run into issues, thanks man/

Again thanks to all that helped me out, iv given rep and thanks where I can ;)