HP G62-112SO problem...

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Nedo, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Nedo

Nedo MDL Novice

Jan 14, 2011
    I have problem with my HP G62-112SO
    just bought new klaptop... originaly tehere was Win7 Home Pro (English)
    So i was thinking to put there Win7 Ultimate (got in my dekstop PC)
    I inserted DVD... setup loads... all was fine... i removed all partitions (including recovery, because i was never need it)
    So i created new one for windows (about 32GB) and rest for files (about 200GB)
    And started the installation process...
    First > Copying Windows files 100%
    Second > Expanding Windows files 0%
    Setup just stucks on Expanding and after some time (about 5-10 min) he gives me error:
    Windows cannot copy files required for installation. The files may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. ERROR CODE: 0x80070017
    So i was woundering that this may be disk problem... then i tryd another DVD with Win7 HP... sam error... then Windows Vista... all same...
    So i started googling what can be... and i found that this can be because of SLIC... and heres comes trouble.
    I cant update my bios because i cant get it from my laptop... i dont have Windows on it... all soft what i found all running from Windows...
    If i cant get my laptop bios that means i cant update SLIC to 2.1
    I found on HP site latest version of bios but i need .rw file and cant get it because... i dont have windows...
    So maybe some on can help me with that... how i can update my BIOS from dos... at the moment its Insyde F.07
    If you need any information else i do my best to get it... just tell me how to do it =)

Thx for all replays :worthy:

2. bAiLeY

bAiLeY MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2009
    Hello m8. most likely cause is your dvd drive, can u borrow an external one and try booting from that.

3. TTAV134

TTAV134 MDL Expert

Mar 1, 2009
    I've already encountered this symptom with a defective RAM.

4. Nedo

Nedo MDL Novice

Jan 14, 2011
    So using Unetbootin i put my Windows7 Ultimaet to USB Flash and tryd to install from it... and it works... all installed just fine... so at the and problem was in my DVD-ROM.

Thx fo advices.