HP HDX9000 BIOS mod software (a programmer wanted)

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Remdale, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Remdale

Remdale MDL Novice

Feb 8, 2019
    Hello.
    I'm researching and modifying BIOS for HP HDX9000. It looks similar to of HP 8510 and HP 8710's in terms of its module structure and compression methods. There's an utility developed for 8710w, but for an unknown reason it cannot compress modules correctly. For example, if you decompress a module and then compress it back, it will change in size and will be looking different from original. There's also an utility called "Awesome Dirty Do Checksum Checker V3". Its developer described in its tutorial the way the BIOS modules are compressed and he also put some code examples. So the person who would be developing the utility could save a lot of time after reading the tutorial. The task is quite simple as well as the utility itself. But I'm not skillful at programming to be able to make it.
    The utility should be capable of doing module replacement and BIOS code correction (optional) for the output BIOS file to be of the fixed size.

I need a person who could develop such an utility specifically for HP HDX9000. Is there anybody around here who would be willing to help? All the conditions of the work can be discussed in PM.