HP Laptop won't activate, help?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by radx, Jul 30, 2009.

1. radx

radx MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    My Laptop is a HP 6830s and it came with Vista Business, I've managed to get it to run Vista Ultimate with just a reinstall + cert & leaked HP Vista Ultimate key. So that makes me assume the bios is Slic 2.0 at least. The laptop has been in the market for about 5 months or so.. So it's a 2009 model.

I've tried to activate my laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate [MSDN untouched] + HP.XRM-MS + *****************************. BUT it refuses to get activated. My HP Laptop is also covered by the HP Vista upgrade program, but not where I live but in the States. So that makes me believe the bios is Slic2.1. Unless of course HP releases an Bios upgrade for everyone who should get a free Vista Upgrade. But that doesn't make much sense does it.

Is there a way to actually check what Slic my bios has? If it's 2.0 or 2.1?

I've also read in the threads here that i am not the only one with a branded HP laptop who cannot get w7 activated. I'd prefer not to use a lo*der because that usually doesn't go well with S3 Standby.

So I thought if anyone have any tips or tricks to share. Please advice so all of us HP Laptop owners can get a little more happy :)

2. radx

radx MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    yay

I just downloaded the latest Version of my bios, guess what? Slic2.1 update inside it! :D So i'm all activated now. So if you're having the same problem as me, try updating to your own latest version and see if your OEM has added Slic2.1 to your model.

Radx