hp m9400t pavilion hard drive got blue screen -----could not recover ---replaced HD

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by hpm9400t, Aug 29, 2010.

1. hpm9400t

hpm9400t MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2010
    hp m9400t pavilion hard drive crashed. blue screen ----tried to reboot---failed -- ran hp diagnostics the hd failed----everything else passed. Replace the Seagate with another Seagate barracuda serial sata drive 1 tb ------ tried to reboot from their ----nothing, then tried to reboot from hp system recovery disk, goes to welcome the recovery manager and then freezes. Please help.

2. DesertJerry

DesertJerry MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2010
    If you changed the one and only drive in the computer then you also lost the recovery partition in the process; after all, it is in a hidden partition on that one drive.

The welcome screen you saw is included in the BIOS but when it looked for the hidden partition on the 'new' drive - none was found - freeeze is the result.

You'll have to contact HP customer service for help.

3. hpm9400t

hpm9400t MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2010
    Okay should I put the old back in or is there bootable disc to do recovery process that I do not have? If I go to HP what do I ask for?

4. halte

halte MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2010
    you need ghost and a new hdd...

5. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    You have a few options - Purchase the recovery media from HP or create a new windows 7 installation CD using the sourses here