HP mini 110 (bluetooth problem)

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Mr Tut, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Mr Tut

Mr Tut MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2011
    I wonder if anyone can help.

I have recently bought a HP mini 110 netbook but am having problems with the bluetooth. One day i can turn the netbook on and the bluetooth application will work but the next it doesn't appear and i can't find it on the netbook.

I'm looking for a solution to this problem as i regularly upload photos to the netbook. I am wondering if anybody else has had a similar problem.

Hope somebody can help!

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    As far I know, there is a switch at the bottom edge of the netbook to switch on the wlan and bluetooth!!

3. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Run -> regedit -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Bluetooth -> Notification Area Icon (set value to 1) -> restart Windows

It does happen with Desktop PCs from time to time; might be a bug (as I never disable it myself...)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Mr Tut

Mr Tut MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2011
    Thanks - tried to follow the steps but can't find bluetooth under the control panel registry. :(

5. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    I think I ve lost you a bit there! Do you mean you searched for the bluetooth icon within the Control Panel and you couldn't find it? Or did you actually searched within the Registry :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Mr Tut

Mr Tut MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2011
    Yes that's what i meant :doh:

7. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    #7 x86, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011