HP Mini 110 with new Official Bios F.16

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by kesper, Oct 27, 2009.

1. kesper

kesper MDL Junior Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I had already flashed with a modded F.07 bios for this netbook. Today I saw in the HP website that there is a new bios F.16 that supports Windows 7.

Question:-

Anyone knows this F.16 bios can support Windows 7 Ultimate?

In the HP site it says as follows :-

Released:2009-10-22
    Version:F.16
    Compatibility:Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 Starter (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    System requirements:Operating Systems
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic 32 Edition
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Edition
    Microsoft Windows 7 Starter 32 Edition
    Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Description:This package contains the WinFlash Utility and a System BIOS image for the supported HP NetBook models (with a 308F Family ROM) and operating systems. The WinFlash Utility is used to locally flash the System BIOS (ROM) on NetBooks operating in a Microsoft Windows environment.

Enhancements:- Fixes an issue where a Bluetooth device is shown in the HP Wireless Assistant, even when there is no Bluetooth device plugged in.

Thanks!!! :)

2. Siliwangi

Siliwangi MDL Member

Aug 11, 2009
    just in my opinion.., I Think that is no problem with Ultimate version...
    lets we wait for advance member to answer your question..:)

3. shakeyplace

shakeyplace MDL Addicted

May 5, 2007
    SLIC does not change for each version of Win7, if it supports one it will support them all. the only change between versions is the serial number, even the cert stays the same..

4. kesper

kesper MDL Junior Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Bugger......it revert my w7 ultimate to notification mode.... :-(

I check the slic table from everest s/w and there isnt any slic info :confused:

Reverting back to modded F.07 bios.....

PS: anyone has F.16 modded with slic 2.1 for HP Mini 110 ?

5. -Jim-

-Jim- MDL Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Does this mean you can upgrade from Win 7 Home to Ultimate by changing just the Key?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. whitehat2009

whitehat2009 MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Well, you'd still have to perform an upgrade or re-install to actually GET Ultimate. BUt then, yes, all you would have to do afterwards is insert the Ultimate SLP key.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. -Jim-

-Jim- MDL Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback. Wouldn't you have to put in a Certificate as well?

8. williamd

williamd MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2008
    #8 williamd, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  9. kesper

kesper MDL Junior Member

Sep 6, 2008
    The above is similiar to what I saw from my netbook model "HP Mini 110-1079TU".....

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...&dlc=en&cc=sg&lang=en&os=4062&product=4033255

In this site it says F.16 bios which says compatible/system requirement for Winxp/Win 7. When I flashed this bios, my win7 ultimate turn to notification mode. I did a cert/key insert and reboot. Still notification mode.

I check everest s/w to see if got slic 2.1, but NOTHING ....haha :)

Anyone had similiar problem? Does this bios really has SLIC 2.1 ? I check other mades of HP MINI 110 also have bios upgraded......

:mad:

10. williamd

williamd MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2008
    hey the link i post is for bios f.17 not f.16 thry the f.17 i would but the mini i have is at my daughters in san diago she visiting for turday day and i want to be ready to install win 7 for her. thanks

11. kesper

kesper MDL Junior Member

Sep 6, 2008
    What I am saying is that we may have to same outcome when flashed to f.16 or f.17 bios. I may be wrong though.....

Just that when I flashed to f.16 bios...my win 7 ultimate turned to notification mode, even after I inserted hp cert and key

12. williamd

williamd MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2008
    areyou using the new hp 2.1 cert ?

13. kesper

kesper MDL Junior Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Is there a new one?

I flashed a modded F.07 bios to my netbook and was using fine with my hp cert/acer key for win7 ultimate.

When I saw there is a new f.16 bios for this netbook i flashed it and it turned to notification mode. I inserted my hp cert/acer key for win7 ultimate and still notification mode.

Any advise?

14. kesper

kesper MDL Junior Member

Sep 6, 2008
    No s**t!!!

I believe I was using HP 2.0 Cert!!! WTF.................

Time to look for HP 2.1 Cert and try again.....

Hmm where can I find one?.....Looking ...... :confused:

15. williamd

williamd MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2008
    go back to the f.07 modded bios . !!!!

16. kesper

kesper MDL Junior Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Hmm....

Are u saying even with hp 2.1 cert also cannot?

I have yet to find a new hp 2.1 cert. My hp cert I believe is 2.0

Btw anyone knows if the Daz's Windows 7 Loader 1.7.2 has the new hp 2.1 cert? if yes I would like to try to flash f.16 bios again and try once more! :D

17. williamd

williamd MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2008
    #17 williamd, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  18. williamd

williamd MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2008
    #18 williamd, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  19. kesper

kesper MDL Junior Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Oh well it gets confusing every minute.

I am trying to gather info about this new bios f.16, while trying to psycho my wife to release her netbook for me to test :D (this netbook was a present to her from me).

I am not very technical thats why I cannot confirm this f.16 has SLIC 2.1 or not

Current netbook using:-

Modded f.07 bios
    HP 2.0 cert
    Acer ultimate key

I tried:-
    Flashing to f.16 original bios
    HP 2.0 cert
    Acer ultimate key
    resulted in notification mode

What I wanna find out is whether this original f.16 bios has SLIC 2.1 in it, and/or by using HP 2.1 cert will help.....

Oh well, hope some experts in MDL can bring me to my senses.........

20. Gethsemane

Gethsemane MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Look in the Repository directory and follow the directions. Daz's loader just has standard certificates, not the entire set. He's actually going to add them all at some point; even though you can do it manually yourself by putting them in the certificates directory. Anyways, use the Slic Dump Toolkit to see if it shows that you have 2.1 I am pretty sure you do with the new BIOS update so.

Use OpaTools to install a HP cert. There's probably multiple ceritificates but the slic dumpkit will show you which one is in the bios. For my toshiba it showed like toshiba-INV or something similar. Just try each certificate until it activates. Disconnect from the internet when you're doing this just incase. Pretty sure you have 2.1 with that BIOS.