Hp notebook black screen startup - nothing happens :(

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by hpnotebook, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hpnotebook

hpnotebook MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    Hey,

I have encountered this problem recently. Every time I start my laptop, there is a black screen, you can hear the fan noise and the blue light on the laptop itself is on (which indicates the power). Very rarely I get lucky and the computer starts up normally, however, majority of the time its a black screen and nothing happens.

I've tried so far from reading online posts, but none of these work:

-Take the battery out, press the power button for 30 seconds, and power back on
    -Turn of the laptop, press on the keyboard buttons, than press power button again.

Any suggestions on what the problem is and how to fix it?

Thanks.

2. prophet2000

prophet2000 MDL Novice

Apr 3, 2008
    Hm... which HP model exactly is it? Some models were known for poorly manufactured mainboards (they gone defect in time due to heat, mostly gfx or southbridge chips on them).. HP replaced them in warranty, but after warranty you're out of luck.. you can try press or gently twist the notebook base, but that's only temporarily measure.
    I remember NC/NX 61xx, 62xx, 82xx, 84xx series were in this bag..

3. hpnotebook

hpnotebook MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    The model number is tx1305us. Yeah, so should I just go purchase a new laptop as the costs to repair this would be too high?

4. prophet2000

prophet2000 MDL Novice

Apr 3, 2008
    I saw a quite few posts on the net from owners of this notebook with same failure as you - first WiFi goes out, then mainboard is dead.. if you have warranty, take it to HP, if not - maybe search on eBay for some good deal on mainboard.. or buy a new notebook :-(

5. potjevleesch

potjevleesch MDL Addicted

Aug 7, 2010
    I confirm, had same problem it's a lousy model and HP knows about it, only solution is RMA if still appliable, repair is way too expensive !

6. T160

T160 MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2010
    Looks like GPU problem there. Usually GPU is integrated on the motherboard. I agree RMA'd it if it still under warranty.

7. WindDrake

WindDrake MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2008
    I see a lot of the TX1xxx laptops at work. The nVidia 61xx Northbridge fails out and causes the issues you are having. Even the fixes we have are temporary at best. Faulty BGA engineering at it's finest.

Check out nvidiasettlement.com/affectedmodels.html

That's your best bet there. Have nVidia pay out on it.

8. pepe999

pepe999 MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2010
    Hi,
    I have experienced a similar problem like you with my dv6-2060ea. I found out it's a hard drive related problem. BIOS detects a faulty device and won't boot. Try to remove the hard drive and turn on the laptop. If you get the BIOS, it's definitely a hdd problem and the file system on it. I had to remove it and through a usb SATA docking station fix it using a Windows installation DVD..

9. tinux

tinux MDL Junior Member

Feb 26, 2012
    hardware issue for sure take it back if under warranty . it could be sleep/ hibernation issue but that can be disabled.

10. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    3 yrs a lil late.

11. Mertcan

Mertcan MDL Novice

Aug 21, 2012
    it is look like chipset fault

solution: it needs to be chance chipset

12. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012