HP Pavilion dm4 - 1160us bios 01433.bin

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by SIcmart, Mar 26, 2012.

1. SIcmart

SIcmart MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2012
    Hey all,

I'm new here. Basically, I don't want a mod. My dad did a bad flash update and now his lappy is bricked. I was wondering if someone with the same laptop ( HP Pavilion dm4 - 1160us ) would find it in their heart to go their HP_TOOLS partition and take 01433.bin file from the "Current" folder and upload it.

I can't find the .bin file anywhere else because 1) I've deleted the HP_TOOLS partition a while ago. 2) The BIOS update available on HP's website contains an unconvertable ( if that's a word ) 01433.FD file.

Thanks in advance,

JB

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  3. SIcmart

SIcmart MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2012
    Thanks for your help, but I deleted the recovery partition. I was hoping someone could upload the .bin file because that's all that the "HP_TOOLS" usb stick recovery method will take for this laptop. But I will still try the one you uploaded.

Thanks again,

JB

4. SIcmart

SIcmart MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2012
    Unfortunately the file didn't work =/

Not sure where to go from here. HP is absolutely no help, I regret buying one of their products.

5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  6. SIcmart

SIcmart MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2012
    Yeah I've seen that thread before but like you said, the link is dead.

I tried renaming it to .BIN and putting it in the appropriate folders but that didn't work, probably because it's RSA signed, and as the other thread mentioned, the FD file is a weird 2.3 MB, but the .BIN file that would normally be backed up is 2 MB.

As for the platform, I tried renaming to 1603 ( Platform 7 ) because that's is listed on the underside of the laptop, so I figured it would be my best bet, but no luck so far.

It would be great if we could get him to re-upload the file, or if I could fine one that's modded, don't really care haha just trying to get it up and running again.

Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it!

JB

7. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  8. SIcmart

SIcmart MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2012
    haha yeah HP tech support is nothing more than a joke!

I tried Windows + B and X, and I've named everything correctly on the USB.

But I'll have to read more about the .SIG file. I doubt I could just duplicate the file I have and rename it to .sig and stick in on the USB drive too, but I'll try anything at this point.

I wish the link on that other thread wasn't dead =/ that would bring me one step closer haha

Thanks again,

JB

9. SIcmart

SIcmart MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2012
    yep I used the tool already =/

so basically, I need to find the .bin file (2 MB) and the .sig file from somewhere, agreed?

Thanks again,

Justin

10. SIcmart

SIcmart MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2012
    well thanks for your help

but ahhhh I still can't find the .bin file! I've been searching for over a week, but I won't give up!

Please if anyone can post it!!

--Justin

11. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #13 LatinMcG, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
    make a list of known models to use same SP#### that should have the 01433.BIN for F.27 or older.

Compaq Presario CQ32 Notebook PCSeries
    HP G32 Notebook PC
    HP Pavilion dm4 Notebook PC Series
    HP Pavilion dv5 Notebook PC Series

i know a laptop repair shop that might have one.. i can boot linux and upload to mediafire.

12. SIcmart

SIcmart MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2012
    That would be great. I've looked at the SP files for the laptops you listed and they're all still.FD files. I even tried a few of them, but they still don't work. I'll see if I can add to the list. I'll have to find a friend with one of those laptops.

thanks again,

Justin

13. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #15 LatinMcG, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
    from what i read renaming to .bin works.. maybe u need to have old, current and new folders made in usb.. and name the usb HP_TOOLS or HP_RESTORE
    with all 3 folders inside. both containing all the names in the ini file ...bin ?

have u tried all 4 arrow keys pressed and plug in ac power holding them then power on to force recovery usb ? (no battery)
    or win x keys

try older version bios.

14. kosmo42o

kosmo42o MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2012

I got same problem with sisters laptop.. I can't get it to force recovery only thing is wifi light on and the caps lock keeps blinking

15. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...