HP pavilion dv2104eu, format!

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by valerio_valerio, Jun 12, 2011.

1. valerio_valerio

valerio_valerio MDL Novice

Jun 12, 2011
    Hi i have this laptop, i m not be able to format it because of the locked bios i guess. I need to unlock the bios so i can format+install the OS that i want. My motherboard is a Wistron, model 30b5...bios brand hewlett-packard, version f.3d I can use the one made by phoenix if necesary....i am not expert, i have taken a look in this forum but i dont understand a lot, is there a tutorial which explains what to do?I just need a modify which allows me to format and install the OS that i want without the annoying HP_REcovery thing around me. I have a little experience with computers i just dont understand all the abbreviations such as SLIC EEC......

Thanks

2. valerio_valerio

Jun 12, 2011
    #3 valerio_valerio, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
    (OP)
    Hi thanks for your quick reply :D

i will try but where can i find a modded version of my bios (without HP) ?

edit: maybe it s usefull to let you know that i already tried to install XP pro (booted from CD) but it cannot detect any HDs so that s why i thought that my HP bios doesnt allow me to change OS

3. drewbug

drewbug MDL Member

Aug 15, 2010
    I could've sworn I'd included the link to the modded version of your BIOS in my first post >.<

Regardless, the modded BIOS won't change your ability to install XP freshly. The XP install disc doesn't contain your SATA drivers. You might be able to get away with slipstreaming them in, but XP is a dying operating system anyway. I'd really recommend installing Windows 7 (using the download that the Windows 7 Repository here on MDL links to). The modded BIOS will allow you to activate it without a retail product key, but it should install and run just fine in the meantime :)

I'm typing this from my phone at the moment, so I'll have to get the link to your modded BIOS later today. In the interim, go ahead and wipe your hard drive and install Windows 7. Let me know if there's anything more I can do for you :)

4. valerio_valerio

Jun 12, 2011
    #5 valerio_valerio, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
    (OP)
    Hi again,

I would prefer to install XP for the laptop only has 1gb of ram and i know that w7 would run slowly + im not really good with it. My xp has the sata drivers on it for i have found it on a famous forum and the description says it has those drivers...If i follow ur advices would i be able to do this? or am i forced to give up?

Thanks

edit: i have exatly this problem hxxp://xxx(dot)proposedsolution(dot)com/solutions/windows-xp-setup-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives/

sorry for posting the link but i dont know how to make people understand my problem :/

5. drewbug

drewbug MDL Member

Aug 15, 2010
    I've installed Windows 7 on computers with less than 1GB of RAM. Honestly, you should be fine.

If you're hell-bent on installing XP, however, you'll need to slipstream the SATA drivers for your particular computer. That CD you downloaded may have had SATA drivers, but it didn't include yours. Windows 7's installer should have the drivers that *you* need included, and XP's End-of-Life date is coming up. Do you really want to be running a 10-year-old operating system? I'd really, really recommend Windows 7..

Let me know, though.

6. valerio_valerio

Jun 12, 2011
    #7 valerio_valerio, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
    (OP)
    Hello,
    After thinking for a lil while i decided to install win7, but i have a problem....i installed it (i didnt use ur link) and then a friend of mine didnt tell me to crack it (he gave me a program afterwards), so i started to use it ( i didnt put any keys when asked though) i downloaded 2-3 updates thinking that win7 was already activated...then i removed all the updates and i used that crack...but it didnt work....i tried opa tool too but it doesnt work....i mean i follow the instructions but i still have the 30 days trial...any ideas?

Regards

edit: im thinking, u know when u run w7 from boot u have the chooise to update ur O S without wiping ur files ecc...if i download ur w7 and install it (ofc from boot) could i solve my problem(will my O S preferences remain the same?)?...if there is a easier way it s better...for example an other tool similar to opal, i dont really want to install it again...it was an idea.

7. valerio_valerio

Jun 12, 2011
    #8 valerio_valerio, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
    (OP)
    Hi,
    Yea its clean. At this point i just want to activate it, i dont care about the bios anymore, given that i chose to install 7 instead of XP

edit: all done thanks guys