HP pavilion dv6-3070es bios recovery

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by PablosOne, Jul 26, 2012.

1. PablosOne

PablosOne MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2012
    hello
    today i tried to upgrade the bios of my laptop, but when it was almost done the computer froze, and then stopped booting. I just have a blackscreen and the wifi/caps bloq lights on. i checked at the hp website and my warranty just ended last week... so i will have to fix it myselfl. I have been reading for hours and tried many things, making a bootable usb, putting the .BIN .SIG files(generated by phoneixtool) on the hewlett-packart/... on the sd and even repeating those steps on a cd. The strangest thing is that the computer does not seem to even read the pendrive(leds dont blink), but when i put a cd it tries to read it.
    i think i might not be doing the right things for obtaining the bios file, i do the following:
    -Download the latest from hp site, sp52953.exe
    -execute it. it creates various files but i use 0143FF28.bin . i dont see any ending in .fd.
    -opening that .bin file on phoenix, which generates the .bin and .sig.
    -then i put those on Hewlet-packart/BIOS/current
    -unplug the laptop...press win+b , plug and press start, then release win+b.(tried also with arrow keys)

and it doesnt seem to do anything...

what am i doing wrong? can i use a cd instead if the usb doesnot work?(if so could you explain how?)

i hope you guys can help me, i would thank you all my life

2. PablosOne

PablosOne MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2012
    Sorry, i forgot, the bios is inSyde

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  4. PablosOne

PablosOne MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2012
    #4 PablosOne, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    (OP)
    thank you for your anwser, my brother has also the same laptop, is about one year older, but is the same model, if i check his bios is insydeh2O and his is is 1440. should both have the same id? he also updated to the bios that i mentioned before but without problem. im going to try the procedure of the link you sent with other usb sticks, to see if the computer recognizes them. Should i put as the name of the . bin 1440.BIN as my brothers or 143F? and at which folder should i place inside Hewlett-Packard\BIOS previous , current, or new??
    thanks

also if i can not get the computer to read the usb sticks, chow can i use a cd?