HP Pavilion dv7-1115eb Entertainment Notebook PC

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by C.L.A.N. 0³, Aug 30, 2009.

1. C.L.A.N. 0³

C.L.A.N. 0³ MDL Junior Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Hello,

I'm having troubles with a HP Pavilion dv7-1115eb Entertainment Notebook PC.
    A friend bought one but the thing was packed with trial software and other crap so I formatted the PC and installed Vista Ultimate.
    Downloaded some missing drivers from the HP website and got the PC to work, flawless!
    A few days later she started to have troubles with the multimedia touch panel.
    That's a touch panel above the keyboard with start, stop, play, pause buttons along with a sound on/off button and the hardware WiFi switch.
    Sometimes all buttons work perfect but all of a sudden the buttons go bonkers: volume goes up, then down, network switches on and off...
    HP says it's a software problem and wants to charge here €50.00 for installing the recovery software. (I did not create recovery DVD's before I formatted the thing). :(

Personally I think it's a hardware problem, but the guy @ Mediamarkt said it was software for sure.
    He also advised to install an OEM Vista?!? :eek:

Someone here who can give me some advise?

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    OEM Vista will not have the bloatware. The media panel software is most likely the issue, it should be the same software you downloaded from the site..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. C.L.A.N. 0³

C.L.A.N. 0³ MDL Junior Member

Aug 15, 2009
    I did not download any software for the panel, just the missing drivers.

4. gamemaniac

gamemaniac MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    Still there any issues with your laptop or you have been sorted?