HP Pavilion dv7-3067cl Bios Black Screen

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Phil4v4, May 5, 2015.

1. Phil4v4

Phil4v4 MDL Novice

May 4, 2015
    Product: HP Pavilion dv7-3067cl

No software or hardware changes prior to Friday, although battery does not hold a charge and use AC Adapter [should probably get a new battery]

I have been getting an error about an internal battery needing to be replaced, so I replaced RTC battery this afternoon.

Friday afternoon I got the dreaded black screen on start-up. At first there was a cursor at the top left corner, but that disappeared when I did Ctrl-Alt-Del. [I usually hibernate my notebook instead of turning it off completely]

No beeps, but the CAPS & NUM lights blink twice which indicate a BIOS problem. I tried the Windows key and B held while powering on with no results. So I proceeded to make a usb key: HP_TOOLS volume (name of usb drive) with Hewlett-Packard file folder containing 3 folders named: BIOS, BIOSUpdate, and SystemDiags.

I also downloaded the BIOS SoftPaq for my notebook model (SP47531) and extracted the file 3635F13.FD. I have copied it to the current and previous folders of the usb drive. I have also renamed it to 3635.BIN and copied to folders.

Back to the dv7 laptop with the battery removed and usb key inserted and using the AC adapter, I held the windows button and the B Key while powering on. After about 15 seconds, the laptop begins beeping (approx 23 beeps). Once the beeping stops, the LED lights of the CAPS LOCK & NUM LOCK still flash twice and the screen is black.

I'm at a loss as what to try now. I have read many posts but am not sure what to do.

Thank you for your assistance,
    Audrey

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    likely bad LCD or bad video chip.

plug in external monitor and see.

might need reflow if lcd not defective.