HP Pavilion Elite m9400t IPIBL-LB Motherboard Bios voltage change possible?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by jsmiddleton4, Dec 29, 2012.

1. jsmiddleton4

jsmiddleton4 MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2011
    #1 jsmiddleton4, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    Thanks to those that have done the work to tweak all these firmwares and maintain this site.

I have as noted a HP M9400T IPIBL-LB and have flashed it to the 5.43 with the slic 2.1. Activated Win 7 again. Was already activated but with the bios changed did so a second time. No problems noted.

Here are my questions.

1. Used to be when I booted boot screen was the blue HP screen, "Hit F10" message, etc. Now its more text driven, like old school days, shows memory banks, USB attached devices, etc. Not really a problem, just different. Did I do something wrong with the flash? Everything works just not sure about the change in the visuals...

2. I have fast Crucial Ballistic ram. It is rated at 2.0 volts and at 2.0 volts it will perform at its peak for clock cycles, etc. At 1.8 volts it works and does so at PC6400. But the clock cycles are slowed just a tad. Probably not even noticeable but none-the-less its "slower". Is there a way to modify the bios to up the voltage? I'd like to get the maximum performance from my DDR2.

2. jsmiddleton4

jsmiddleton4 MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2011
    I've looked at more utilities than I can remember today. I can overclock the FSB, etc. But I don't want to overclock. I can't find anything that will bump the voltage up. I don't know if there is an offset in the bios that sets the voltage. HP obviously didn't want a lot of tweaking options so the voltage must be set at 1.8 volts.

3. jsmiddleton4

jsmiddleton4 MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2011
    No way to do this?

4. jsmiddleton4

jsmiddleton4 MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2011
    I've looked at and tried to use several of the motherboard utilities that come with Asus, MSI and Gigabyte. Install but when try to use them they of course do not see the ID string they are looking for to work. If I could change the ID string in any of those programs so that those utilities would work I could bump voltage up. Don't know how to do that though.