HP Pavilion g6-1c77nr not working

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by pradeeppj, Feb 5, 2013.

1. pradeeppj

pradeeppj MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2013
    hi

I am new to his forum and I need some urgent help if possible.

I have an hp pavilion g6-1c77nr which had issues with the bios. so i decided to flash the bios and it got interrupted and the laptop was not giving any display. The power led, wifi led and the led near to power connector is on and the caps lock led was blinking.

I took out the bios chip (MX25L3026E) and reprogrammed it with the bios file I got from HP support site.There were two files "01693.FD" and "01695.FD" using Xeltek Superpro 500p programmer.

After programming and verification, I resoldered the IC to the motherboard, but now every LED is off. Pressing the power switch doesn't do anything. I checked the voltages at the power socket and the power switch and they are ok.

Some one told me that this laptop has two bios. is it correct? Can anyone help me to sort this?

Thanks in advance

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    bios.. and EC

did u make a backup of the chip ? if u didnt good luck

3. pradeeppj

pradeeppj MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2013
    I did not make a backup of the chip....but I have another laptop (same model bios )....please help!!!!!!
    and please tell me what is EC......!!!

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    Embeded Controler

u can make backup of other laptops bios and try that. if u do winflash backup it might not works.. FULL SPI backup.

5. pradeeppj

pradeeppj MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2013
    thank you....LatinMcG...i will try that and update you..