HP ProBook 4510s Bios Chip Location?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by psrkallez06, Mar 1, 2012.

1. psrkallez06

psrkallez06 MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2012
    Hello! I'm trying to reset the bios password on my ProBook 4510s. And i need to know where the bios chip is so i can short-circuit it. ive already tried to remove the Cmos battery but that only clears the bios settings not the password. and i cant install windows or anything because i need to go into bios to "unlock" or make the computer recognize the hard drive. so can anyone please help me? ive looked everywhere on the internet and i didn't find anything about the probook 4 series. i really need to clear bios. ive already tried Hiren Boot Cd etc. but nothing clears the password. It is so many small chips on the motherboard with 4 pins on each side "8 pins total". already tried to call HP support but they could not help either. Regards! hope you guys can help me. I already checked the manual but it dosen't say where the bios chip should be.

Or if you can link my any good guide that shows how to do it with HP Probooks.
    :rolleyes:

2. psrkallez06

psrkallez06 MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2012
    Or does anyone know a way to get the master password? ive read that you can calculate it or something. thanks

3. hansk

hansk MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2011
    Look at this picture. It's for 4530S but they should be similar.

4530S.jpg

4. ultraboy

ultraboy MDL Novice

Apr 3, 2012
    @psrkallez06

I have the same problem like you, i would like to know if you managed to find the chip to reset the BIOS password on Probook 4510s.

Thanks !
    :hug:

Have a nice day!