HP Proliant ML110 G5 Bios Mod - help needed

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by verstrg, Aug 28, 2014.

1. verstrg

verstrg MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2014
    I'm running an HP Proliant ML110 G5 server and tryiing to install an Intel 730 SSD in it, bt BIOS doesn't detect the SSD.
    I allready had an issue creating a raid on the onboard controller bigger then 1TB.

I allready did some investigation and the chipset ICH9R should support bigger raid sets and SSD's, so i think BIOS is the limiting factor (i am running latest HP version).

I opened the decompresses bios file with Phoenix bios editor, it gives some unsupported module errors but opens the file.
    OPROM01.ROM seems to be the RAID option rom.

A look inside the option rom with Winhex shows:
    UªXé HP ICH9R RAIDBIOS` œ Ad
    aptec RAID BIOS v5.0 2235Copy
    right Adaptec, Inc. 1998-2007 ‹ÿ
    PCIR†€"( X € Adaptec
    Inc. Adaptec ICHx RAID## I $PnP​

This is strang because i expected Intel, not adaptec... But it seems a very old option ROM.

I also tried running the CBROM tool to get more information, but it just blocks (no W7 compatible ??)

Can i replace it with an intel option ROM ??

Who can give some advice ?

2. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    #2 nexus76, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
    adaptec is the sas controller, that's maybe the cause why disks are not detected,
    use the onboard intel sata ports instead.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. verstrg

verstrg MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2014
    Hi,

this server only has an onboard Intel SATA controller (6 ports), there is no SAS connection.
    2 ports are connected to regular hard disk, these are detected and working fine, only SSD is not detected. It is not port related as i allready switched the ports...
    ICH9R is Intel, right ?

4. verstrg

verstrg MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2014
    No one can help ??