HP Protect Tools solution for Windows 7 - FIXED!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Spreng, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Spreng

Spreng MDL Junior Member

Feb 1, 2008
    Hi all

As this is the place for putting Windows 7 on machines that didn't originally come with it....

I have got a working solution for all the HP add-ons for working on Windows 7.

Biometric logons
    web passwords...
    credential manager

etc

All working now... on my NC6400

I will create a tutorial..and upload here...

or message me..and i will send u the files you need...and we can document it working as well for u as it is for me,

2. Servi

Servi MDL Member

Aug 12, 2009
    #2 Servi, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
    I'm sorry, but what's so special about this?
    HP has realeased Protect Tools for Windows 7 in august and updated it in september, and they are for all laptop models.
    Or am I missing the point?:confused:

I hope you didn't waste your time to make an old vista version win7-ready!?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Spreng

Spreng MDL Junior Member

Feb 1, 2008
    I don't think there is a full solution to get Protect tools working on NC6400 and other notebooks.

even on HP support.. there is no solution for Windows 7 on many models that we are using...

If you can show me where u can get everything working properly on Windows 7... i'll gladly update this with your found method...

4. Servi

Servi MDL Member

Aug 12, 2009
    #4 Servi, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ravers

ravers MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    thank you boyzz

6. mtcstle

mtcstle MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2010
    I installed HP Protecttools on a Windows 7 enterprise 32 bit nc6400 laptop. It does work, although the fingerprint reader does not seem too accurate, or perhaps it is too sensitive. in either case it only works about once in ten attempts.

My real complaint is that since installing it, when I power up and see the familiar "Press [CtlAltDel]", I comply, hit the offered [enter] key, then wait two full minutes, only to be offered another "Press [CtlAltDel]". When I press this one, I wait almost three minutes until the user selection screen appears. Does anyone else experience this? Can it be corrected?

Thanks

7. ShareAll

ShareAll MDL Member

Jul 23, 2009
    I messed you some time ago. Would need some help getting my builtin FingerprintReader to work...

8. ShareAll

ShareAll MDL Member

Jul 23, 2009
    So where is the tutorial you promised?

9. lipton1

lipton1 MDL Novice

May 26, 2010
    HP ProtectTools - very bad experience

I tried Protecttools and Embedded Security on a 2530p Elitebook. It was a disaster. The tools do not work as required, and what is worse, they crash the system, and what is even worse, they cannot be uninstalled and the HD needs to be wiped clean. Searches on the web reveal others who went through this (20/20 hindsight). HP support is way below standard here. They gave all kinds of strange and unsupported advice, and it turned out that the people i was in touch with (chat, email or phone) really had no clue about these tools. I think they come from a 3rd party vendor, which might explain that.
    I would stay away from these, which is a real shame. I migrated from a ThinkPad x61 and ThinkVantage password manager and fingerprint reader - all of worked well. So this is a real quality of life hit.

10. Hotrod74

Hotrod74 MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2010
    The only thing I can say is CLONE. Have a HDD handy with a bootable image of your system before trying any of the stuff people "recommend"! This will save you a ton of time reinstalling windows, programs and games. I can't stress this enough!

11. johnstuff2sellebay

johnstuff2sellebay MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2010
    thanks this is what I was looking for and found in only two hours.

12. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Hm comes in handy now after flashing the nc6400 bios with slic 2.1, thanks to the modder for that!

But im having problems with drivers.. There's one simple pci communication blabla, one unknown and a third one that cant be found..
    Anyone has ideas? I tried driverpacks & driverinstaller (custom fom a member) but that didnt work too well.

13. DARKOR04

DARKOR04 MDL Tester/Developer

Jul 5, 2010
    that's the things we have to handle when flashing modding Bios.... :(

14. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    So the driverissues is beacuse of the flashed bios? :p
    Probably, well the laptop sucks anyway so i think ill go back to xp hehe.

15. ablasco

ablasco MDL Novice

Sep 4, 2014
    I have a problema with hp protecttools in HP Probook 4430s with Windows 7
    Could send me your solution?
    BR
    A. Blasco