HP recovery_ HELP

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by amr_asfour, May 22, 2009.

1. amr_asfour

amr_asfour MDL Novice

May 22, 2009
    Dear sir,
    i have the HP pavilion dv6000 windows vista , and as u know it comes with its recovery partion
    i partitioned the C: partion into two and with the comupter managment shrink option and i tried to install windows XP , i thought it will be may a dual boot

but the vista was corrupted and the only windows XP is working
    i installed widows vista home again in the c: partion and installed the HP Recover manager
    Note: the recovery manager untoched
    when i try to recover the system to its default manufacture it keep with HP recovery manager
    the ,essage came the recovery partiotion is not exist while its there
    how to force the HP recovery manager to see this partion or how to recover back the default operating system and drivs from it

sorry for long subject

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Have a look in disk management and check your partitions are in correct order i,e the way they were originally.

3. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    I experienced the issue when F11 would not work (used for recovery)
    This was due to the recovery partition NOT being marked as active

Use ie Hirem's Boot CD & "Mark as Active"

sebus

4. zort

zort MDL Expert

Feb 19, 2008
    I would look for an original Vista dvd instead of using the recovery manager. The recovery manager will probably install lots of junk anyway like trial Office, trial antivirus, useless utilities, etc. Copy anything you need to save off the Vista partition, boot off the Vista dvd, and install Vista to that partition reformatting it at the same time. If you have an external drive you can backup anything important from all partitions first to be safe.