HP SSD

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Pasta88, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    Are these SSD's any good? Also, Sandisk and gigabite?

thx

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    "Are these SSD's any good?"
    Please define what is good, what is bad and what is good enough, what means "any good".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    be any good
    idiom

Definition of be any good
    : to be useful or helpful

4. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    The Samsung drives are rated to be the best and fastest, they also have some decent software too, but they are also some of the more expensive.
    I got a couple of 500gb WD blue ssd's a while back and they seemed to be nice but the software is very iffy, I never did get it to install on an AMD system I built, by that I mean the software installs but it refuses to recognize the WD ssd, which makes it worthless
    Any SSD you get today will run better than a platter drive, some brand name ssd's have better chips and stored memory for better performance, and they come with a longer (5yrs) warranty. Takes these things into consideration when you make your ssd purchase

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    here, I use SanDisk 240G without issues fast as one ray...

6. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    #6 WindowsGeek, Nov 28, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    Their very good I have a HP SSD S700 500 gig is very fast.

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    From my experience the question about good quality has to be related to a certain model of a SSD (generally of a device)!
    You are asking about companies, though.
    Each company (Samsung as well) which is known to have good stuff has also released devices which are simply bad.....

Samsung is known to have good series of SSD ATM..anyway this can change in the future as it did with their TVs....
    And about wear it's actually still too early to say something about (except 840 series which is 'old' already...)

My old OCZ Vertex II has a good wear this I can say now, but OCZ is no more....