hp tattoo

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by orsa1, Oct 21, 2009.

1. orsa1

orsa1 MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    Times ago i moded bios with hp tattoo cd.
    Now i uppdate bios with a new version but moded with slic 2.1 and slip asus.
    After this bios update there is always the hp string.
    how is possible and how delete.
    Any explanation?

thanks

2. sibax

sibax MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2009
    You need to flash your BIOS with such option: "Do not keep DMI data" or "NVRAM Programming" or something similar (depends on your flashing tool). May be you need to use alternative flasher if your current one do not supports this option.

Sorry for my bad English.

3. orsa1

orsa1 MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    normaly i use for ami-asus motherboard afudos in dos

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    clear cmos and load defaults...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. charles1

charles1 MDL Junior Member

Nov 26, 2010
    #5 charles1, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
    Where to find the hp motherboard tattoo and hard drive dmi utilities cd? I have a hp pavilion a605x. Does rapidshare.com have limited download use?

6. Computer Fixer

Computer Fixer MDL Member

Jan 5, 2010
    "DMI Boot CD for Award-AMI-Intel BIOS" is the very 1st sticky in this section.
    But, if you have a HP machine- you already have the Hewlett-Packard string in the DMI area.

7. charles1

Nov 26, 2010
    I replaced the motherboard with the same part number? What does the HP string look like? Is there a way to fully view and edit the dmi information and HP pavilion support information? The hp version adds a lot of information to the bios.

8. Computer Fixer

Computer Fixer MDL Member

Jan 5, 2010
    If you look at the "DMI Boot CD for Award-AMI-Intel BIOS" sticky- first post, look closely at the 1st photo in the attached thumbnail... see choice #1 "View or verify OEM SLP BIOS menu".
    Once you press "1" you will be shown the OEM string in the DMI area.

... But again, you have an authentic HP motherboard, so the HP string should already be in the BIOS.

9. charles1

Nov 26, 2010
    #9 charles1, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
    The thumb prints don't work for me are you referring to the one that suicide posted? I get mshtml.dll error that closes internet exployer. Do I need newer then internet ver6? Earler I was using and running the dmitattoo that scancode has made. Only thing that hp has is the HP PC recovery program.

10. charles1

Nov 26, 2010