HP WiFi Mobile Mouse, anybody use it?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by pisthai, Jul 11, 2013.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #1 pisthai, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
    That's my question regarding Windows 8.1 and also 8!

I'd no problem with that Mouse on Windows 7 but Windows 8 and 8.1

Driver an required Apps installed ok. Problem start's if need to repair the mouse with the Laptops WiFi! At the first start of apps is installed, the pairing process works well. If, for any reason the connection to the Mouse is gone, need to be repaired again using the installed apps. It will pair for about a second and than lose the connection again. Only way is to un-install the apps and driver which are closely bundled together, restart the Laptop (required) and re-install the apps, than can pair again one time.

That gets boring and as usual, HP support didn't answers any e-mail. The HP Service of HP Thailand in Bangkok didn't have any single techy who knows about anything of that Mouse!

I like that Mouse because works better than any Bluetooth Mouse I tested and keeps the needed USB ports free for using.

So, my question is: Is there any user with some experiences with that Mouse?

Thanks for any answer that could help.

Edit: This is strictly regarding an WiFi Mouse and NOT an Wireless Mouse. This one uses the WiFi of the laptop and NOT any Receiver! Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Er....! Interesting to see that nobody seems to have used an WiFi Mouse!

The Mouse I have from from HP works, as I wrote already in Windows 7 well but Windows 8/8.1.

Seems to be that HP and Targus are the only companies who producing a real WiFi Mouse, while the Targus Mouse seems to be manufactured by HP too!

I've try to contact HP-Support not in Thailand (in person) only, even in USA and Germany (by e-mail)! NO Answer!

Anybody has any clue? Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BigW

BigW MDL Member

Apr 25, 2010
    I think most people use there WiFi for beeing conected to the internet if you realy mean WiFi in the sense of WLan and not a built-in bluetoth. A Mouse and any other Inputdevice connecting by WiFi is a very strange concept to me and I wouldn't buy such things. By the way you can extend your USB-Ports with a USB-Hub and not ocupying your WiFi for a mouse.

Another thing is the HP-Support. They use the cheapest material and components for there products so they also have the cheapest tech-support. I personaly stopped thinging of HP as premium suplier several years ago after I discovered how HP put the ceapest components in there PCs.

Best way would be to give them the mouse back if they advertiesed a support for Windows 8 and buy a realy proven method of connecting a mouse to a Notebook.

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  5. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    LOL, still fighting with your toy? I just finished with my machine too: I tried to install win8.1 on VMware WS 9 with UEFI: host - win7 X86; guest win8.1 X86; CPU - sandy bridge; assigned ram 2.5G ...... just couldn't believe it, took 2 full hours to install !! :eek:

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    It's a driver problem with that mouse! And you're right: It's a Toy!!

But I could use it without to have problems on Windows 7 and, after I was modify an driver, on Android 4.0.9, my Tablet!

Personally I hate VM Ware even I've to use it and own a License for it as well.

7. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    LOL, my silly mistake, forgot that X86 could only use 3.2G ram, so if assigned 2.5G to guest, then it left only 700M for the poor win7 & VMware to work on. :p

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    It's max 3.25GB for x86, could be as low as 2.6GB, depend on computer, special it's an Laptop!

And that's one of the reason I don't like VM Ware! An other is that it emulates not real existing hardware and therefore will never show the real figures!

9. testplayer

testplayer MDL Novice

Jun 25, 2011
    Yes, I use that. I actually got it from Amazon for $13 or $14, dirty cheap with tilt wheel, 5 buttons, laser sensor and 6~9 months battery life. I used it in both windows 7 and 8. The only problem is that whenever I restart my computer I have to run the pairing program again to get it connected. This is probably because I disabled some of the unnecessary services bundled with the official HP driver installation, actually only the "Ozmo Wireless PAN Service" is absolutely needed, if you stop that service, your mouse will lose connection immediately. And whenever you connect to a Wifi hotspot or access point, the mouse connection will freeze for maybe 10 seconds, after that it's OK.

Yes, this is usb dongle free, but you still have to install a driver. I am hoping in Windows 8.1 which has better Wifi direct support, we can forget about the HP driver and use it as easily as a bluetooth mouse. Haven't install windows 8.1, so can't comment about it.

10. kbman

kbman MDL Novice

Dec 24, 2012
    I can't post links yet but if you google "windows 8.1 problem with connecting hp wifi mouse" there is a "answers dot microsoft" page and they have a user JamesKempter who got it working and provided a link to the driver that works with it. I can't say if it works but the post following his claims it does.
    [h=1][/h]

11. PGHammer

PGHammer MDL Senior Member

Oct 14, 2011