hp with vista home premium

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by wolf311, Jul 1, 2010.

1. wolf311

wolf311 MDL Novice

May 13, 2010
    Got a hp laptop with vista home premium im just wondering if i could upgrade it to vista ultimate. Please advice. tenx in advance..

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. sofiadavis1

sofiadavis1 MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2010
    useful information but I have one question is it safe to use another key or it's same for one I am eagr to know about this if any one have idea then please mention here.

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  5. kristain

kristain MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2010
    Purchase the Windows Vista Home Premium to Ultimate Anytime Upgrade (see Resources section).

Insert the Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit) Upgrade disc. The "Install Windows" screen will appear.

Click on "Install now" and the installation process will begin.

Update Windows Vista Home Premium on the "Get important updates for installation" page to prepare for the installation of Windows Vista Ultimate. Allow the updates to install and then move on to the "Type your product key for activation" page.

Enter the 25-character Windows Vista Ultimate product key in the allotted space and move on to the license agreement.

Read the license agreement and accept it. Go to the "Which type of installation do you want?" screen.

Select "Upgrade," which changes Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows Vista Ultimate and allows you to maintain all your preferences and keep your programs.

Follow the instructions to upgrade to Windows Vista Ultimate.

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ kristain, you don't need to do that if your computer came with Vista installed and it is OEM SLP you just need to go to Windows Anytime Upgrade and enter ultimate key and it will update over the net no need to Purchase the Windows Vista Home Premium to Ultimate Anytime Upgrade you only need to use that if you actually bought your version of windows vista i,e, it is retail or oem version not OEM SLP.