HPs version of windows 7 I can use?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by re*s.t.a.r.s.*2, Sep 1, 2009.

1. re*s.t.a.r.s.*2

re*s.t.a.r.s.*2 MDL Junior Member

Apr 28, 2007
    Hi,
    I have slic 2.1 modded here, I want to confirm activation, but I want to install a version other than Ultimate, Can someone help me out with telling me wich version i can use if i have HP slic bios in my system, thanks help apreciated...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Brandrune

Brandrune MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    We can't install any other versions until their keys come out.

3. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    doesnt matter as long as you have a oem key for whatever version you want it makes no difference if you use something else. the cert and slic need to match then simply enter the key for the version you want. right now there are only ultimate and professional keys out there

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. re*s.t.a.r.s.*2

Apr 28, 2007
    Whats the key for Business, I will install that one instead of Ultimate, but it must work for HP modded bios... please give me the key here or PM..

5. re*s.t.a.r.s.*2

Apr 28, 2007
    So if i install business i could just use the master key for business version right, I will go ahead and reformat this old laptop...thanks so much...

6. Brandrune

Brandrune MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Get your versions right pal. No business, enterprise this time. And you will be hard pushed to find a valid MAK otherwise it would be blacklisted. Search for "Vm KMS".

7. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Why do you not want to install win 7 ultimate?

8. re*s.t.a.r.s.*2

Apr 28, 2007
    Cuz its a Sempron and 512mb pc 2700

Becouse of the above title, not enough power to run the ULTIMATE version, although i can upgrade it, I have installed the home basic and the LAP has life again, if i put Windows XP Pro runs slow, slow, so I am suprised that 7 its kincking asses man.... I am a true lover now, if this OS brought life to this old system that mean this OS its really good... thanks again.... oh also it dint activate the Business either, i ll try vista basic and see if activate since i asked the modders to insert both slic 2 and 2.1...

9. ifeife2

ifeife2 MDL Member

Apr 25, 2008
    I don't think there is any difference once you turn off the features that the ultimate comes with. But yea, its just easier because lot of stuff is disabled already for you with home editions.

10. Jessica Alba

Jessica Alba MDL Expert

Jul 26, 2009
  11. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #11 HotCarl, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
    Stars...

There are only SLP keys available at the moment for Win7 Professional (Retail) and Ultimate... The SLIC in your BIOS has no effect on which version of the OS you can install. The only thing that the SLIC matters for is when you install the certificate...the certificate you install must match the SLIC in your BIOS (ex: If you have HP slic, you need to install an HP certificate...). If I were you I would install Ultimate or the retail version of Professional. If you install Enterprise, you will have to reactivate it every 180 days via KMS server online (unless you somehow manage to find a valid MAK key, good luck with that!)...and that sucks. If you install Ultimate or Professional (Retail!) and use the SLP keys then you have permanent activation. It is your choice, but I highly advise you install Ultimate...even if you think your PC is not fast enough, the worst that will happen is that the Aero theme will not be enabled by default (I installed Ultimate on an old Dell Inspiron 1100 laptop yeterday with a Celeron processor and 512MB of RAM and it runs fine, just no Aero...I tossed a gig of RAM in it after the install for good measure, but it seemed to be running OK with the 512MB before...). :)

12. Dissonance

Dissonance MDL Junior Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Microsoft has said that all versions of Windows 7 install all the same components, so that when somebody buys an upgrade they just plug in a key to activate the new features- nothing new is installed or downloaded.

In other words even if you install Home Basic you are installing Ultimate- just with features deactivated. Might as well just install ultimate and disable the features yourself.

13. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #13 HotCarl, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
    The only feature he would really have to worry about is Aero...but Windows will automatically disable it if your system is not powerful enough to run it (at least it did on the 2 older Dell laptops that I installed Ultimate on...crappy Intel integrated graphics...). I am running Ultimate on a ~4 year old HP laptop as well with a mobile 128MB radeon card and 1 GB of RAM and Windows 7 with Aero runs just fine. The OS runs perfectly on it and all Aero features look great. I will most likely end up tossing another gig of RAM in it for good measure, but I would definitely not worry that Ultimate is "too much" for your system unless you are running like an old Pentium-III chip with like 256MB of RAM or something... I had Ultimate (without Aero) running on a Celeron laptop yesterday, so I would be suprised if he could not run it.

14. re*s.t.a.r.s.*2

Apr 28, 2007
    Thanks people, I ended up installing Windows Vista Business.....

I apreciate your help.