Huge problem need help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dragonfire665, Nov 18, 2009.

1. dragonfire665

dragonfire665 MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Ok, so i install Norton 360 v3.0 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and now i messed up the whole computer. I needed some antivirus you know just to prevent. But it was making windows get BSOD. I unistalled using Norton Removal and now i cant even log in. Im dual booting with Vista 64x ultimate which is what i am using now, but whenever i try to log in it goes straigh to Windows Startup Repair. It will then tell me windows could not repair it automatically, to either send ir ot do nothing. Once i choose nothing it will shut down my computer or i will ask to restart it again.

Once i restart it i will go to Advance options, it will show me that i have no System Restore Point so i could not use that either. The problem says that i have corrupt registry. How can i fix this? i cant even get to Safe Mode. What can i do without reinstalling Windows 7.

BTW i try using Acronis thru Windows Vista for those backup on Windows 7 but it wont work either, they say they are corrupted too. But they are place on a total different HDD.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Dude, try system restore. I know for a fact that Norton 360 3.0 does not work at all on win7. You should Try Norton 360 3.5 dude. As for Acronis, I had a lot of problems with that program as well, I would not even use acronis anymore dude. Get either Norton Ghost or another one, I know DeloriousEdd uses some other one that is good to but Acronis always gives corrupt images. When I tried to restore a backup with Acronis it failed and I lost my win7 partition completely. Hope this helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    i already tried system restore it does not work. It says that there is no system restore

4. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Oh sorry I missed that part of it lol. I would try contacting Norton Technical Support(Free with chat/email) and see what they can do to help you out. They should be able to. If not then if seems that you are looking at a format dude. Sorry about that.

5. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    yea im looking at that right now it seems the only and last option

6. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Yea, norton support should be able to straighten this out for you bud. Good luck dude.

7. helloxiaokitty

helloxiaokitty MDL Novice

Nov 9, 2009
    You can use wondershare registry optimizer to fix your registry problems, it can scan and repair your registry errors.

Registry errors are turelly boring, usually make our computer cash```If you don't familiar with computer, I suggest you'd better use some specific tools to fix them.

8. santoshcoolhere

santoshcoolhere MDL Member

Jan 3, 2009
    yup me too had no use with Windows Syatem Restore.Hey buddy why dont u use Microsoft Security Essentials ???? It's really awesome...........

9. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    thanks for all the input guys i tried so many different crap and it didnt work. The worst thing about it is that my stupid disc, which i obtain from here, The Respiratory thread, it wont boot. I burned it using multiple different programs and it will never boot. So while in Vista X64 i ran the DVD and reinstalled windows on is propert partition, it atleast made a folder called Windows.old so all my files where there, all i had to do was move them back to where they belong again now. N to all stay away from Norton 360 or any norton, crab they sux. I will stick with CA internet Security, it was what i had but it expired, but im renewing it later today. N hopefully i can make this ISO bootable. I have my Vista X64 bootable and all others, including XP, using the same methods i always use but i cant get Windows 7 bootable, man i am mad about that lol.

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Haven't heard anyone else complaining about the downloaded dvd didn't boot if it didn't then i would source another one try that if it boots i would totally format and scrub your system it must be absolutely loaded with crap by now also if you do need to keep you files copy them to another partition first.

11. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    yea i know what you mean Urie. I am the unlucky one and trust me when i say that i do not know why or even how is possible. N yea my files are always located on different HDD i have 3 for that reason and i always install the OS on a separate partition so i wont have to worry to reinstall but i try not to reinstall.

12. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009