Hyper-V not working with 7 Loader

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by claus12, Dec 2, 2009.

1. claus12

claus12 MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2009
    I installed Windows 2008 R2. Once I use the 7 Loader (napalum 3.118) and install the boot loader, I can't start any virtual machine. Error is similar to: No virtualisation support by CPU.

When uninstall the boot loader it works fine. Anyone got the some problems or a fix?

Greetz
    G.W. Bush

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    So use the available SLP Std key for R2 (why bother with loader?)

sebus

3. Jahanbani

Jahanbani MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2009
    Solution

The installed loader changes the boot parameter so hypervisor does not start upon boot...
    You should use bcdedit.exe to restore the hypervisor setting to previous state.
    Run Command Prompt with administrative credentials and the execute the following command:

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype auto

and reboot the system.

Good Luck

PS: Actually the syntax of command mentioned differs based on your boot environment for example if you are in your R2 Server your command would be
    bcdedit /set {current} hypervisorlaunchtype auto

4. ioniancat21

ioniancat21 MDL Member

Apr 27, 2008
    I'd be curious to see if this fix works. There will probably be many others using the loader with Server 2008 R2 and will not want Hyper-V broken by the loader. Hopefully Daz and Hazar will jump on this and alter their loaders to reflect these changes so manual user interventions like these are not needed. Please let us know how this works out. Furthurmore, some better, more detailed instructions on this should be posted.

5. affarefatto

affarefatto MDL Novice

Apr 8, 2010
    Hyper-V + Loader

Hi there, did you solve the problem with Hyper-V and Loaders? I have the same problem here.

----

6. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Maybe to have a (matching) SLIC table to use with a OEM Certificate?
    Don't get me wrong, maybe i'm off here... I asume you need to have a SLIC & Cert in place for every guest operating system, or just the host?

7. affarefatto

affarefatto MDL Novice

Apr 8, 2010
    I think he has the same problem like me. Want to use more OS -s as key have. Just for testing and learning of course. Loaders help on phisical computers but they are didn't prepared for Hyper-V virtual server use. They modify the original winloader records and the virtual computer stops as it tries to load the opsys (Vista, W7, 2008 Server). I tried to play with bcdedit trick (modify, backup and restore, etc) mentioned upper but didn't help. Maybe we have to buy 20-30 licenses just for testing and learning. :) Sorry if this subject is not allowed here i'm new.

8. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
  9. raverpup

raverpup MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2010
    Anyone.. help..suggestions

Main Machine.. server 2008 r2 x64.. hyper-v.. another installation IN hyper-v of server 2008 r2 x64

I can't get it to register or show as genuine.. i have tried everything.. daz . hazar.. i'm at a loss.. anyone have ideas scripts or suggestions?

even the tools mentioned here.. do not seem to register

after this i have to get a 2008 x64 enterprise, thne a windows 7 ultimate x64 and vista x64 .. i have corporate legit xp sp3 its even business and ultimate vista's just not the neweer os'..

any help please.

10. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    use something like RemoveWAT if you are not using a modded BIOS. Grub changes the system into thinking a different BIOS is installed, there might be a way to change this in Grub but I do not know that much about it, or just use Hyper-V server which is a stand alone Hyper-V box.

11. mdimention

mdimention MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2012
    Is there an automatic tool for dummies like me to activate the WINDOWS 2008 SERVER R2 HYPER-V?

12. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #13 Daz, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...