I am lost , windows 8 clean install

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by mannydelrio1, Jun 24, 2013.

1. mannydelrio1

mannydelrio1 MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2013
    Hey guys i bought a desktop with out an installation , but it has the key in the bios , I downloaded windows 8 pro from priratebay and than i got windows8 enterprise from m$ , I dont know what to do to make this desktop as legit as possible , any advice would be great , thanks!!

2. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009
    Microsoft has a Windows 8 image downloader thing (goes by like Windows8-Setup.exe or something; the Upgrade Assistant is the same file I think) and if you enter your legit product key into it, it will download the appropriate version for Win8 for you. You then tell the downloader to either burn it to a DVD, or flash drive, and then you'd install Windows 8 clean from that.

3. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mannydelrio1

mannydelrio1 MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2013
    Ok so let me try to explain everything ive done .
    I bought the computer from HP and they said that the key was in the bios I guess its a refurbished or what not . i have no idea what the key is .

I got the computer without a OS installed , I was told that the license would be in the bios, so i downloaded a windows 8 pro from pirate-bay ( made a bootable windows 8 USB) and installed it , than it asked me to activate it so i realized that i needed just Windows 8 , so i downloaded windows 8 enterprise thinking that i could just activate it from there to regular windows 8 , and now that's were im at .

where do i go do i follow what Espionage72

5. BTOR

BTOR MDL Addicted

Nov 18, 2009
    As we speak, is there a windows installed in that machine?

6. mannydelrio1

mannydelrio1 MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2013
    yes im using windows 8 enterprise on it right now , as i type this , Im using the machine. I think that the easiest thing would be to download a clean Windows 8 iso and install it , wouldnt it activate with the bios key that it came with ?

7. mannydelrio1

mannydelrio1 MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2013
    BTW the ISO about download.teamwindows8 i think those are Windows 8 Pro , which I need is just Windows 8

8. mannydelrio1

mannydelrio1 MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2013
    Ok so i went to Access > ACPI Table > MSDM > in there at the bottom is says Data : XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX-XXXXX
    im guessin thats the bios key , and in PID it says Core

9. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. mannydelrio1

mannydelrio1 MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2013
    gotcha , im downloading it right now , its taking like hell for some reason , it gets to like 125 MB and it stops. im doing it on parts now .

11. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Then just get the ISO for your architecture from the download page. These are the Retail ISOs and include both Pro and Core.

12. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    I have sent you a PM with better links to download from.

13. mannydelrio1

mannydelrio1 MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2013
    thanks you , i will get back to yall if i get it working.

14. BTOR

BTOR MDL Addicted

Nov 18, 2009

As you said, you got Enterprise from MS can YOU post the hash info for that iso? if its correct, all you will have to do is, convert that iso to CORE / PRO with SVF file, this will save you a lot of bandwidth.

15. mannydelrio1

mannydelrio1 MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2013
    ok guysi installed the clean windows 8 iso and it all seems fine right now. thanks for everyones help , now i just need to make a recover for this hp

16. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011