I am new to Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Dmitry Grudsky, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Dmitry Grudsky

Dmitry Grudsky MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2015
    I upgraded my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and couldn't figure it out how to transfer photographs from my digital camera to computer using USB device. My second question is do I need to uninstall my Photoshop Elements 9 and reinstall it again.

Thank you,
    Dmitry

2. potjevleesch

potjevleesch MDL Addicted

Aug 7, 2010
    like before
    1) copy-paste files
    2) no

3. SpecieX

SpecieX MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2010
    Use Windows 10 the same way as Windows 8.1, all your previous software must function without problem... with some exceptions.

Transfer your pics as you used to do. There are no differences

4. Carol666

Carol666 MDL Member

Aug 12, 2015
    I'm new to win 10 too, hi ;)

5. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    I did notice after upgrades, some programs need reinstalled. If you are having issues with a program, by all means it wont hurt to try

6. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    #6 odiebugs1, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    What everyone said is correct. When you plug your camera in windows should see the camera as a drive, it should be listed with your other drives.

Have you ever RT clicked on the bottom taskbar, and moused over toolbars, and checked desktop, this adds a very handy way to quickly access your folders, drives, apps.

You might not like it but it's just a click away to remove it.

When you look under THIS PC, you see your C: drive and others and camera, if not, and you don't get a notification when you plug the camera in, it might need the driver, and you only need to go to the camera MFG site and get it.

7. Edwe

Edwe MDL Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Welcome

Moust of us are new to win10 so ur in god Company :)
    What way are you used to to transfer your files and how does that behaviour differens from what you are experiense now?

8. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    ... :pray:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. ha14

ha14 MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2016
    #9 ha14, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    1. Connect the digital camera to your computer. Turn on camera (if it’s not already turned on) and wait for File Explorer to recognize it.

2. Open File Explorer.

3. Right click the camera and choose “Import photos and videos”.

FAQ: What OS does Photoshop Elements run on, or Will PSE run on my computer?
    Photoshop Elements 9 apparently does not support very well windows 8, but if you were able to use it then on windows 10 you can use the compatibility mode

Photoshop Elements 9.0
    Windows
    •1.6 GHz or faster processor
    •Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 2 or 3, Windows Vista®, or Windows 7
    •1 GB of RAM (2 GB for HD video functions)
    •3 GB of available hard-disk space (additional free space required during installation)
    •Color monitor with 16-bit color video card
    •1024 x 576 display resolution at 96 dpi or less
    •Microsoft DirectX 9 compatible display driver
    •DVD-ROM drive
    •QuickTime 7 software (required if importing QuickTime formats)
    •Internet connection required for Internet-based services

10. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Ehhhmmmm, this thread is a year old, the OP has his/her pics already on his pc (you might hope) ;):D:D

11. ha14

ha14 MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2016
    yap revisiting history :)

12. Runs[with]Scissors

Runs[with]Scissors MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2016
    How old is "too old" to reply to a thread and can I be kicked out for doing it?

13. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    It’s called necromancy and it’s usually not strictly against the rules, but considered bad practice. And it’s pointless if the OP question has been answered. Judging what is old is a matter of what is reasonable.

In this case, the thread had been inactive for over a year, while the OP only made 1 post and never came back. So I’d say it’s certainly old.

But as it has been revived and some people may have the same question about transferring digital photos, I’m surprised nobody mentioned that leading camera manufacturers include relevant software which facilitates transferring and organizing, even processing of photos. Even my cheap compact Nikon did.

14. wazzock

wazzock MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Nice avatar Katz :D, wonder what you'll do for Movember :g:

Ive seen older topics revived, but i am new to w10 and frankly i am not impressed with it. :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...