I can not pair an Apple Wireless keyboard in Windows 8, Asus G750JX

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Al_Jourgensen, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Al_Jourgensen

Al_Jourgensen MDL Junior Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Hello Community

In my previous Asus M50VN, the keyboard was detected, and showed in Windows 7, the code for pairing, in the case of Windows 8, I have immense difficulty in pairing the Apple wireless keyboard, What can i do for this to work?, in 10 days it only showed me 3 times the pairing code, and does not give me the time to enter it.
    I've tried to do a trick, that I read on a blog, when he is connecting, enter a code like for example 11111 "Enter" to see if the dialogue box with the pairing code appears, and so far, nothing, i tried, to press the power button also without letting, him go until the pairing code appears, i wait for the dialogue box to appear and nothing,

Thank you for your attention apreciated some help, so i don´t have to put this keyboard in the garbage.

2. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    I think Windows 8 and your ASUS laptop are sensitive to this Apple s**t. Apple and all their product suck! throw it in the bin

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Al_Jourgensen

Sep 17, 2013
    i´m really thinking about it my friend, i just don´t know why some people can, and some don´t, with the same tutorial´s....no response, i contact "Rog" forums...nothing either, the answers that they give me, are all the same places where i have been... it´s really a shame, because this was the best keyboard that i ever had. :wallbash:

4. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    ROG Forums? LOL! you're kidding right? That's a forum full of newbies who know nothing other than playing games! there are many REAL forums out there

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Al_Jourgensen

Sep 17, 2013
    #5 Al_Jourgensen, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
    (OP)
    i´m a newbie here to, regardless, of understanding a little bit more, not programming, but at least, i can put a pc out of nothing, working, but you have all the reason, nothing in there helped, neither in Apple, or Asus, or how i ever contact to resolve this issue, it´s my last one, so i can stay 100% working with this notebook, for so long i have solved so many issues, but this one is melting my head..............i should probably, not even be in this forum, with so much advance people, when i don´t know the basics of programming.......yet. but i´m reading, and try to understand, some abbreviations of programs that i never heard about, i try to do something here....i know that people here are to advanced, and this kind of questions probably, will upset a lot of people, but i´m trying at least.....

can you tell me a forum where i can get help for this kind of issue?

thank you for your answer and patience, i don´t know much about forums of this kind, and yes i did google it, believe me

6. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    You don't have to be a programmer my friend we will all help you here. This forum is for the advanced people and the newbies alike. I was just stating, that if you want real help, never go to that ROG forum. I read it sometimes and the posts there by the mods and admins and users are a joke! they know nothing about tweaking, drivers, or OS installations.

You may get help from someone here about this isue but I personally refuse to help anyone with an Apple product. I hate Apple so much. good luck

PS: Why don't you install Windows 7 on your ROG laptop if you have trouble with Windows 8? that's what I did and I'm much happier everything works!

7. Al_Jourgensen

Sep 17, 2013
    You have all the reason, really, they don´t know what they are talking about, in fact, i helped technicians from Asus, solved there only issues, it´s a joke really, but i don´t know if windows 8.1 could solve the problem, or the talked windows 9...i just don´t want to give up of these keyboard, it was expensive...

i tried to install windows 7, but because of the GPT Partitions, i was unable to do that, i have to make a clean format, but i really like, this new windows, with his new interactivity.

i had issues installing win 7, i could not do it, because of his non acceptance of the GPT drivers, but i read some threads, an i know that it´s possible, just didn´t find one that i really understand to do it.

i have to see that option better, or even installing it, on the other HDD, and make a dual boot, but i just don´t know, how i´m i going to put it in a GPT partition.

Thank you again my friend for your consideration

8. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    My friend, it's very simple

1) Disable Secure boot in BIOS

2) Enable CMS in BIOS

3) Insert the Windows 7 DVD

4) Boot from it, when you are at the partition screen, press SHIFT + F10

5) Type DISKPART then hit enter

6)) Type SELECT DISK 0 then hit enter

7) Type CLEAN then hit enter

8) Type CONVERT MBR then hit enter

now go back to the partition wizard screen of the Windows 7 setup, then click on the refresh arrow, then create your partitions s needed

That will install Windows in MBR mode

9. Al_Jourgensen

Sep 17, 2013
    #9 Al_Jourgensen, Sep 20, 2013
    (OP)
    a thing so simple, and all the tutorial i read, only talk about other things, nothing about that F10 option.......sincerely i´m not talking to the wright people, but here i´m :)

just one question, can´t i format only one partition, to do a MBR partition? i have one ssd disk and one hdd divided in 2 parts, and it´s in one of these parts that i want to put it, to make a dual boot if possible, between windows 8 and 7

Thank you very much, i will try it my friend, and really and sincerely Thank You very much for your patience, Thank you Really

10. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    What I would do if I were you, is backup all my data to an external HDD

Then open the back panel of your ASUS laptop, and remove the 2nd HDD. We only need the 1 SSD in place while installing to prevent the boot files from being also copied over to the 2nd HDD.

Then do that command I told you about to wipe the entire SSD, then repartition it, there is no other way to convert from GPT to MBR

11. Al_Jourgensen

Sep 17, 2013
    #11 Al_Jourgensen, Sep 20, 2013
    (OP)
    oh ok didn´t know that one, but i´m going to try it with the HDD first, because it´s already clean, and i´ve got nothing there, and if the keyboard works, then i put it in the ssd

by the way, only one more thing, how do you convert, if something goes wrong, from MBR to GPT?doing all the steps again, but convert MBR to GPT command?

Thank you again my friend.

12. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    same steps, but instead of typing Convert MBR, type Convert GPT and hit enter.

before that, you must do the CLEAN command then hit enter

13. Al_Jourgensen

Sep 17, 2013
    ok "Convert GPT" command only, got it

thank you again my friend, see you around

14. Al_Jourgensen

Sep 17, 2013
    My friend thank you again, fantastic tutorial

i have only one question
    "type create partition primary align=4096 size=102400 then hit enter (this will create a 100 GB partition for C: and give it a 4K alignment, change the number as you wish)
    type create partition primary align=4096 (this will create the 2nd partition with all the remaining space and give it a 4K alignment) "

what does this mean? what align can i choose ate maximum?

Thank you again for so much help you give, today i learn one more thing, thank you

15. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    if you don't put the align command, for example like this:

create partition primary size=102400

Then the default alignment which is 1024 will be done. According to tests I have done and many online SSD Tweak Guides, SSDs like the 4096 alignment more and perform better with it. I noticed a big difference even when installing programs when it was aligned on the default 1024, there would be a slight pause before the program starts installing. When I tried the 4096 alignment, everything was fast and immediate! no lags at all

The guide states size=102400 that is if you want a 100 GB partition for C: which is an ideal size and leave the rest for D:

To know what number to put, multiply the size you want by 1024.

Example: 80*1024 = 81920

16. Al_Jourgensen

Sep 17, 2013
    ok the size is no problem, but i never heard about the "align" thing, thank you again, one more help tip that i learn today

i know this are basic questions for you, and other, experts on programming, but i´ve got to start from somewhere, and i´m sorry about that

in this forum i feel an ant, compared with the other children´s forums.

Thank you My Freind

17. Al_Jourgensen

Sep 17, 2013
    Hello my friend

ok i´ve installed windows 7, and same thing, can´t pair it, could this be because the bluetooth version, or velocity?
    i don´t know what else i can do....
    i had to install, the driver from Intel, in that thread that you advise me, BCM4352_W74_X04_A00_Setup-W49DT_ZPE, only this way, bluetooth was installed

and nothing..always the same error 0x80070015

i try bootcamp to, but nothing appears on "device manager"

i Need Help, or by a new keyboard.....

Thank You Again

18. Al_Jourgensen

Sep 17, 2013
    ok final i have done it, but....

i need disable Bluetooth of Windows 8, get a usb Bluetooth periferal 2.0, here Windows try to install it with erros, and the 2.0 seems not to work in Windows 8, But i bought a 2.0 "Trust" usb, found the drivers in "Trust" website, install them, at the 1st try the driver give me an error, but then i restrt, i install it again, and was fine, at the first attemp, he pair the keyboard with no problema

So i guess the answers are, in the Bluetooth software, lower versions of periferal´s like this one, i don´t know why, but he doesn´t recognize it.

Thank you all for your answers, i did this with sucess