I cannot install my own Themepacks.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Urgixgax, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Urgixgax

Urgixgax MDL Junior Member

May 20, 2009
    Hello, if I provide a Theme and store it then as Themepack file, lets it not install, is normal that? Only Themepacks for example from the Microsoft side, can be installed.

Urgixgax

2. moonburn

moonburn MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
    I believe it's normal. Only official theme packs (by MS) can be installed, if I'm not mistaking.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Urgixgax

May 20, 2009
    I thought, one can the own Themes so also to restore to use, if one perhaps deleted her.

If one a Theme of which on another system was provided, perhaps it folds. Perhaps it is then the other owner, who is located into the file characteristics.

4. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    No. That is not normal.
    I can install .themepack files just fine.

5. Urgixgax

May 20, 2009
    Which Windows 7 uses you? I use Build 7100 RC x86. Did you provide the Themepacks themselves, which you can install?

6. Urgixgax

May 20, 2009
    The Themepacks can be installed if: The file names of the Themepacks not longer than 9 indications are contained or no blank, or the blanks in certain place are. The Themepack file name is shortened on 9 indications, likewise the names of the Theme file.
    I must test whether in the englsichen version of Windows 7 RC or RTM is, also like that.
    Or whether it is another problem.

Die Themepacks lassen sich installieren wenn:
    Die Dateinamen der Themepacks nicht länger als 9 Zeichen sind oder kein Leerzeichen enthalten, oder die Leerzeichen an bestimmter Stelle sind. Die Themepack Ordner Namen werden auf 9 Zeichen gekürzt, ebenso die Namen der Theme-Datei.
    Ich muss testen, ob das in der englsichen Version von Windows 7 RC oder RTM, auch so ist.
    Oder ob es ein anderes Problem ist.