I cant buy Windows 8 From Upgrade Assistant

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Biscuite, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Biscuite

Biscuite MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2012
    Im trying to buy Windows 8 from assistant and when i place the order, when i click on paypal "pay now" it send me back to assistant and it gives me an error.. and after 1 min, i see in my paypal. "Order canceled".. ive tried 4 times to buy it. without succes.. is there a way to get it without assistant?

2. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
    Activate Win8 Pro VL using any available KMS server, then upgrade using freely available WMC key. You end up with legit Win8 Pro Retail + WMC.

3. Biscuite

Biscuite MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2012
    hmm, interesting but whats the difference betwen VL and non-VL?

4. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
    #4 TCM, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    Just the licensing method. Using Win8 Pro VL is just a jumpgate to get it to accept the WMC key since the process requires an activated Win8 and using KMS is the only way to get that for free.

Basically, the two methods differ in the following:

1) KMS activates against your own/community-operated servers. It needs to reactivate every 180 days. It survives hardware changes. Edit: Better speaking, it just reactivates on hardware changes.
    2) WMC key is Retail. It activates against MS's servers. It's activated forever but needs to be reactivated with sufficient hardware changes.

Even if you don't use WMC, you can use the key to get a legit Win8 Pro Retail. If you prefer Volume Licensing and don't need WMC, you can use Win8 Pro VL or Win8 Enterprise for more other features.

Edit: A possiblity for trouble using KMS activation is that it's theoretically possible for Microsoft to identify clients through Windows Update that were activated using the server with the now-banned KMS host key and deactivate those. This hasn't happened with Win7, though, where there was also a KMS floating around. So take it as a technical possibility with maybe no relevance.

5. Biscuite

Biscuite MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2012
    Nah, i dont wanna mess with KMS and other "prototipe" activators, i wanna buy w8, but everytime i try, error.. does anybody else experienced this error?

6. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Perhaps, there is simply too much banking traffic at these first days of public availability. I'd be patient and wait until a few days later :rolleyes:

7. drock1

drock1 MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2012
    yes had same error did factory restore and went back and tried again and worked fine...Before i did the restore when i would try to pay would not go though paypal or cc ....

8. Biscuite

Biscuite MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2012
    Should i reinstall my W7 or to install W8 RTM, and then try to buy it?

9. jackie_jagger

jackie_jagger MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2012
    I am still having this issue, anyone else still having this problem?