I feel like I'm missing something. Anyone have a sec to help me install win7 on iMac?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by whenmattsattack, Feb 2, 2012.

1. whenmattsattack

whenmattsattack MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2012
    Look, I've read a lot of posts before making an account here (you guys seem like a great resource, plus you've got the man, the legend: DAZ) but still can't figure out my issue. Now, before I get into this: I am trying to install a torrented version of Windows 7 Ultimate (RTM) on my new(current) iMac 27" to play Fallout: New Vegas (Steam). Now, spec-wise, I should be fine, but I tried this with VMWare fusion first and Windows will not allow me to play past the first video-sequence of the game intro.

But I'm not here to ask about Fallout.
    My first guess was that a bootcamp partition would work fine for my gaming needs, yet as I don't own windows, this is more difficult than I thought. basically, tried several times with win7, but every disc i burned game me an error when trying to boot from it to install. Now, I've started downloading the RTM version of Windows 7 Ultimate hoping that it will act as a legit disc to boot from, but I'm trying to figure out how and when to apply the activator DAZ was repping through PirateBay?

Please, does someone–anyone–have experience using an activator to load a torrented Win7 onto a mac using bootcamp? How did you install the crack? please have mercy

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. whenmattsattack

whenmattsattack MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2012
    Thanks for the reply! I appreciate the help, but a couple of things: I already have a full retail copy downloaded and burning as I type this. My question, however, is whether this activator needs to be installed before installing win7, or can I install normally, bypass the activation code for now, and get to the desktop to install the activator? I just want to get my order of operations right.
    Is it install win7, boot to desktop, install activator? (is it possible?)
    or is it somehow install activator, then install win7.
    thanks again.

4. mexus

mexus MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2007
    To install Windows 7 on Mac you need to install BOOTCAMP in your MACOS X.
    Detailed instructions can be found here: simplehelp . net/2009/01/15/using-boot-camp-to-install-windows-7-on-your-mac-the-complete-walkthrough/
    Then use DAZ loader to activate.

I have tested that method and it works great.
    I'm not a fan of mac, if someone gave me a Mac as a present I would immediately install windows 7 or ubuntu 10.10 on it and will never use MAC OS :D