I have SLIC 2.1.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by nuggstein, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nuggstein

nuggstein MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    Hello. I recently purchased a new laptop that came with Windows 7 Home Premium preinstalled, therefore it's a legitimate OEM copy.

I want to upgrade it to 7 Ultimate. I assume I have SLIC 2.1? Because of this, is there any proper way to activate permanently without failing activation ever?

I've used Daz's loader on other people's computers, but they do not have SLIC 2.1.

Thanks!

2. evildave

evildave MDL Junior Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Run Anytime Upgrade, plunk in an Ultimate OEMSLP key from the key thread and you're done.

For minimal visibility, use the one corresponding to your vendor, though currently it doesn't matter.

3. nuggstein

nuggstein MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    I have a Sony laptop. That's all I have to do and it'll work?! Permanent activation??!?!

It'll validate with that WAT update too?

What is the OEMSLP key for Sony?

Thanks!

4. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    SLIC activation is used for the oem manufactures like sony, hp, lenovo etc..

the OEMSLP key can be found in the OEMSLP Key thread.. take a look there.

5. nuggstein

nuggstein MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    So this is guaranteed to be permanent no matter what kind of update Microsoft released, right?

6. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Ofcourse it will be..

You have genuine slic 2.1, already required certificate, genuine windows 7 installation, all you need is the OEMSLP key for 7 ultimate for your brand..

7. nuggstein

nuggstein MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    Well. It worked, and it was so fast.

Thank you! :D