I Have Tried Everything

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by CTA, Feb 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CTA

CTA MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2016
    Yes, I have literally tired everything. The Windows loader created by DAZ version 2.2.2 which always worked before on my older computer - DELL XPS Studio 8100, won't work anymore on my new UEFI piece of crap motherboard which is MSI Z97-S02.

Unsupported Partition Table

All the mother f****** time.

I have tried to convert my both harddrives to mbr before installation but it still does not work. It always turn out to be GPT afterwards. I have got this message too before installation (((Windwos cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks.))) Well, I clean everything through diskpart so I can go on with the installation, but I can't activate my Windows 7 Ultimate x64. RemoveWAT is s**t. Because it does not say that my Windows is activated, it just says 'WORKGROUP', which I clearly do not like since I am so original.

I wonder if there is anyway I could solve this? Does anyone have a key for Ultimate which actually works? Does KMS works for 7? Or MTK? I have heard something about WINDslic or so? Or should I go to the thread > 'Activate Windows 7 on PCs with UEFI'? Help out someone, thanks!

2. 100

100 MDL Expert

May 17, 2011
    Try harder.

3. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    :trollface::hangloose:

4. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    No really, you need BIOSmod or WindSlic for Ultimate. If that doesn't work sometimes things goes messy with WindSlic, consider Professional or Enterprise editions and a KMS solution.

Btw, Windows Loader won't load on GPT disks.

5. CTA

CTA MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2016
    This community needs more people like you. Excellent support sir.

6. CTA

CTA MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2016
    Hm, so I need to get Professional or Enterprise to be able to activate my Windows 7 with KMS? Too bad that KMS does not work on Ultimate. What about MTK on 7? Is BIOSmod and WindSlic hard to use?

7. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Windslic could be hard and glitchy in some systems. As for a BIOSmod you could ask in the right forum, do a search in here.
    MTK will work on Pro and Enterprise due it is a KMS activator.

8. CTA

CTA MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2016
    Even if I have GPT?

9. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Professional and Enterprise can be installed on GPT partition style and be activated with MTK or any other KMS solution you can find here also. So it's a yes to your question.

10. CTA

CTA MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2016
    Hm! Do you mind posting the link here for the activator? Also, what is the difference really between Pro and Ult in 7? I guess Pro is still better than Ent, right? I mean if not Win 7 Ult? Then which should I choose between when it comes to Ent and Pro for 7?

11. 100

100 MDL Expert

May 17, 2011
    What the community doesn't need though are threads with meaningless and misleading titles (because clearly you haven't tried everything) asking if you should read a stickied thread that, based on its title alone, is guaranteed to be relevant to your questions.

Don't expect support when you're showing no intention of even trying to make use of the most basic information that is already here.

12. CTA

CTA MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2016
    Your kind of art is everywhere, on all forums and communities. I asked to be 100% sure. Also, what is meaningless is your comment. There was no need to play Mr.Bean since my post was serious. You did not even need to post a rotten comment like that, since it did not make any sense. I did expect support and I got it. And no, I do not ever expect support from morons like you.

13. rjk123

rjk123 MDL Member

Apr 29, 2011
    #14 rjk123, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    If you don't know the difference between Pro and Ultimate, then you really don't need Ultimate.
    Try looking in wikipedia for Win 7 edition comparisons.

14. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Agreed. Besides this CTA guy didn't even hit the "Thanks" button for my help provided or at least a small post saying it. o_O

15. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    :biggrin::cool::eek::D

16. CTA

CTA MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2016
    Do you want me to correct you for all of your spelling mistakes?

Thing was that I did not even noticed it. But sure, I will give you my thanksgiving. One second boy.

17. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    As Mr.X suggested earlier, just mod your bios & add a slic. Once this is done you can run Daz loader to install cert & key (it does not install).
    If you can't do it with Andy's Phoenix tool just request the mod in the MSI mod section & Serg008 or Akcent will help (they are awesome).
    Easy.
    Or Boot in Legacy mode & re-install. Daz loader will work then without the mod...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  18. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  19. CTA

CTA MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2016
    Thanks for the information! This was pretty much the info I was looking for! I know now that MTK or KMS works for Pro and Ent. But since I love Ult so much I will try to mod it. Also, I do not really find any big differences between Ent and Ult? Ultimate just seems to have Retail and OEM licensing while Ent have volume licensing only. But both have the same features.

Anyway, I don't even know where to enable Legacy mode on my BIOS can not find it and if I do, will the DAZ loader work on UEFI with GPT partitions then?