I made this little tool for my self, what do you think? [DISCONTINUED]

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by RokkumanX, Jun 23, 2021.

1. RokkumanX

RokkumanX MDL Member

Apr 8, 2020
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pl keep up the good work to help community . please share your projects without any further thoughts. there might be haters for that but ignore those & continue to share :)

3. RokkumanX

RokkumanX MDL Member

Apr 8, 2020
    Thank you very much for your kind words! Do you think it's even allowed to share the source code for this?

I mean, I'm trying to make it look like an authentic Microsoft product and all. I don't want to get in trouble but I'll provide all source if it's allowed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RokkumanX

RokkumanX MDL Member

Apr 8, 2020
    #4 RokkumanX, Jun 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    (OP)
  5. ciyive9642

ciyive9642 MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2020
    Good job.

I think naming it as "Microsoft Product Activator" would be more appropriate.

I think you can improve the design too if you want to make it look more 'official'.

The 2 main icons for Windows & Office are larger than required because it (icons) looks very big compared to the application window.

You can also use classic logos or mix up both new & classic logos for Windows & Office for the two main icons as KMS_VL_ALL is able to activate old versions of Windows and MS Office.

You can also add "Windows" & "Office" in text below their respective logos so they don't look very plain.

You can use alternative icons for the tick mark as they don't look very modern (if possible for the lock and key too). Also using text below the icon would be better IMO (currently it's above the text). You can align icon at the center of the text instead of aligning it to the left. That will look much better.

The About Scren uses Windows Icon with Microsoft written in blue alongside it. I think it should be the Microsoft 4 coloured squares logo along with grey text instead of the current blue text.

I noticed that the application icon which uses Microsoft's 4 coloured squres. The orange seems to be much more like Red instead of Orangey.

Edit: Typo

6. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    keep doing what u like.
    even i think i not going use it
    but its fun and give u knowledge
    like it do .. :)

7. RokkumanX

RokkumanX MDL Member

Apr 8, 2020
    Thanks for the feedback!

It's really hard to make something like this from a graphic artists perspective because as far as I know Microsoft have never made anything like this in the past so I don't have something similar to go with for reference.

I made this from scratch and tried to imagine what something like a Product Activation software made from Microsoft would look like.

I will definitely take your pointers and use it for the next release because you are right, there is room for improvements.

8. wilenty

wilenty MDL Senior Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Hello,
    at the outset I will say that I don't know too much about the Visual Basic/.NET, but I learn very fast when I see someone's code. ;)
    I have tried to check your work, because you asked here, but without success...

So, in the "MPA.vb" you have set static paths to the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Product Activation\Resources\Binaries\(...)" (as you wrote), but in my opinion it should be `IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(Application.ExecutablePath) & "\Resources\Binaries\(...)"`. You can use it for installed program, and for portable.

Secondly, I propose you to not use the Bat2Exe and/or UPX - they adds some points to the AV detection. You can execute these scripts directly, I have prepared an example with cmd.exe instead of activation.

I agree with @mdl052020 and @zucrin, keep doing it if you have fun of it. :)

MPA.vb:
    Code:
    Public Class MPA
        Private Sub ExitToolStripMenuItem_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles ExitToolStripMenuItem.Click
            Application.Exit()
        End Sub

Private Sub AboutToolStripMenuItem_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles AboutToolStripMenuItem.Click
            AboutBoxMPA.Show()
        End Sub

Private Sub ButtonActivate_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles ButtonActivate.Click
    '        Process.Start(IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(Application.ExecutablePath) & "\Resources\Binaries\Activate.exe")
            Shell("cmd.exe /k echo.test", AppWinStyle.NormalFocus)
        End Sub

Private Sub ButtonCheckVBS_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles ButtonCheckVBS.Click
            Process.Start(IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(Application.ExecutablePath) & "\Resources\Binaries\CheckVBS.exe")
        End Sub

Private Sub ButtonCheckWMIC_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles ButtonCheckWMIC.Click
            Process.Start(IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(Application.ExecutablePath) & "\Resources\Binaries\CheckWMIC.exe")
        End Sub
    End Class

P.S.
    Out of the topic...
    This same comes about you and your project(s) here. :)

9. RokkumanX

RokkumanX MDL Member

Apr 8, 2020
    #9 RokkumanX, Jun 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    (OP)
    Very nice suggestions, thank you very much!

I think this could be one hell of a nice homemade tool if I spend some more time with it.

EDIT:

I also thought of adding the Convert Retail to Volume tool for Office into the project but I don't know if it's needed anymore since KMS_VS_ALL had some Office related updates some time ago.

10. Thank you for ypur kind words about my opensource script codes.
    Thanks a lot :)

11. RokkumanX

RokkumanX MDL Member

Apr 8, 2020
  12. Yes friend it looks much more better . Your project is great . pl keep up the good work & ignore hatreds :)

13. RokkumanX

RokkumanX MDL Member

Apr 8, 2020
    Thanks for your kind words, still think that it needs more polish.

I want it to look as official as possible but Microsoft never have or never will provide "free" activation software...

14. maargueb

maargueb MDL Member

Jun 9, 2019
    #14 maargueb, Jun 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    Thank you
    Is it possible to develop a program to download Windows and Office, using the idm (internet download manager) ?
    My internet speed is low, I can't use it YAOCTRI and YAOCTRU

15. ianymaty

ianymaty MDL Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Starting to look better.

May I suggest to change the two products logos into buttons and move the options available for the product on the accesed page accordig to selection so the first page is cleaner to show only the product selection?

16. RokkumanX

RokkumanX MDL Member

Apr 8, 2020
  17. andyken

andyken MDL Novice

May 6, 2017
    amazing, maybe its time to share it out

18. Awesome Job Brother . Tool Worked Flawlessly with 100% Pos Results.
    Thanks a Lot . You are a Genius :)

19. RokkumanX

RokkumanX MDL Member

Apr 8, 2020
    Thanks for the feedback! It's already attached in the post above you.
    Cheers mate!

Hey I'm so happy you like it, I wanted to keep it as simple as possible and I tried to imagine how it would look if Microsoft made an official activation tool.

Hope you are all doing great and are enjoying the project.

Thank you also the team behind KMS_VL_ALL, without you this idea would never popped up in my head.

20. spinalGR

spinalGR MDL Senior Member

Oct 16, 2014
    its working well for me !