I need help activating Windows 7 Ultimate N x64

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by fernandoarrabal, Oct 15, 2012.

1. fernandoarrabal

fernandoarrabal MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2012
    Hi, I've been searching in the forums for an effective Windows 7 Ultimate N SP1 activation method, but I didn't have any luck. My grace period expires in three days, and a clean reinstall is not an option for me right now (I tried to rearm but the remaining trial days went down from 6 to 3, lol). However, almost all the threads I've visited are from 2010 or 2011 so I was hoping there are some news.

So, to put it simple, what can I do other than purchasing a license or reinstalling?
    And what will happen when this period expires?

Thank you so much.

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Either use Trilogy or downgrade to Pro N & use KMS activation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Not possible no OEM:SLP keys were ever released for N versions. You could try Trilogy-4-2
    Personaly I would reinstall normal version of windows 7 not N version.

4. fernandoarrabal

fernandoarrabal MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2012
    Thank guys. I tried Trilogy having 2 days remaining to activate, but what happened after installing it is that I'm prompted with an activate/ask me later dialog when logging into Windows, in control panel the activation panel now shows as unavailable, and there's a watermark in the lower right corner of the desktop.

I'm not sure how long I will be able to log in by clicking "ask me later", so I'm a little worried. Is there anything else I can do at this point?

Anyway, I would appreciate some input on how to downgrade to Pro without losing all my programs and data. Thank you.

5. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011