I need HELP with modded BIOS...

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by teknomedic, Jan 2, 2011.

1. teknomedic

teknomedic MDL Member

May 5, 2007
    First, here's a link to all my posts:
    http://forums.mydigitallife.net/search.php?searchid=705329

This started on 12-31-2010, so you'll have to scroll down a few posts. I'm providing this to avoid a need to write a whole book on what's going on.

I'm not an expert on BIOS modding of course and NoJuan999 has been excellent so far (I've also used his mods in the past with no issues), but I'm on a time crunch and need to appeal to the larger user base to help figure this out.

Long story short:
    I'm trying to get Win7 Ultimate x86 activated on a "Compaq Presario SR2150NX". I requested a modded BIOS and was provided one. That BIOS failed to activate and it appears that the SLIC table wasn't done correctly. NoJuan999 then stepped in and modded my original BIOS again. Again this fails to activate and when I use the SLIC Tool Kit it appears that there's a mis-match with HP and ASUS data. The RSDT data also appears to change between my original BIOS and the modded BIOS (not sure if this is normal).

I've attached both the non-mod and modded BIOS Basic/advanced tabs from Tool Kit to show what I mean.

Can anyone help with this continuing BIOS modding/activating issue?

Thanks for any tips, info or help on this issue.

TK.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. teknomedic

teknomedic MDL Member

May 5, 2007
  4. teknomedic

teknomedic MDL Member

May 5, 2007
    Updated... Win7 Activated (not by above modder, sorry), but by Serg008 in the original thread.

this thread can be locked or deleted. :)

5. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    Glad to hear it.