I need help with my computer, kinda slow or something related

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by CaLy, Apr 21, 2019.

1. CaLy

CaLy MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2015
  2. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    Where did you get your Windows 7 installation from? Was the source reputable? Your specs look good. One thing I am thinking of is your power supply. A bad power supply will slow things down.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    What can slow down Windows :
    - Hardware configuration : it is not the case on you side as I can see in speccy's screenshot. Did you install the correct drivers for your MB ?
    - processes than can take a lot of memory : launch some progs you use and look in task manager to evaluate CPU and memory usage
    - Windows 7 slows down after some months, years, by experience I clean the system frequently with uncleaner and Ccleaner to eliminate logs and other temporary files.
    - Do not forget to clean your drive after updating the system to compress or delete old updates you can gain some GBytes. Have you installed all the updates from M$ side since fresh install ?
    - Some services also are not really neccesary then you can stop them definitivly.

4. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Krager

Krager MDL Senior Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Check the health of your SSDs. Not familiar with the OCZ brand, but they should provide software for that. For example Samsung offers software called Samsung Magician to do low level SSD stuff.

6. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
  7. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    my first thought is making sure your chip set drivers are up tp date then your graphic's drivers, if all you did was format your "c" drive your connections would still be good and your power supply should be ok, did you install something after you installed windows the first time that required special drivers possibly for the ssd drives , from the sounds of it sounds like you have a settings or driver problem not a hardware problem .

8. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    I have come across the same thing. Check for all updates and patches - which are still available Windows Update.

9. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    -1. disconnect the router.
    -2. reboot.
    -3.check speed.
    -4. if not back to normal, run a scanner.
    -5. does not seem to be hardware, but could be malware that mse missed.

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #10 Yen, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    I don't think it's the hardware (SSD) nor a missing / default driver issue...
    Maybe a settings issue....have you changed something at the BIOS setup?
    Check if the SSDs are really running in AHCI mode (AHCI driver used).....

The right approach for trouble shooting would be IMHO to start over reinstalling the OS from a verified source before installing anything else. Then check if the issue already is present.....

But for now......

Firstly I'd remove MSE.
    Then I'd run Malwarebytes

Bench the SSD to check if it's really SSD speed related.....

And before the fresh installation your speed was OK?!?

I know that SSDs get more speed after a while after an re-installation of an OS.
    When doing a fresh installation of the OS the cells are unorganized.

The SSD controller needs some time and some reboots to organize them...

Do NOT use w7 defrag on SSDs.

11. QueenOfTech

QueenOfTech MDL Junior Member

Apr 2, 2019
    1. Do you have a SSD?
    2. Have you enabled disk caching?
    3. How much RAM do you have?

12. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    #12 MS_User, May 1, 2019
    Last edited: May 1, 2019
    looks like he has a build in switchable graphics card the problem mite be their disable one and just run one on and see how the OS feels also i see win 7 sp1 didnt MS release a sp2 for win7 i dont remember havent use it in a long time but by default win7 is real slow compare to win10...im my opinion u need to move on and go to 10.

13. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
  14. Timothy Whitfield

Timothy Whitfield MDL Novice

May 27, 2019
    How?

15. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    Low voltage.

16. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    eh.... this op only made the one post, never replied to anybody and it's been over 5 weeks
    :Flush:

17. Timothy Whitfield

Timothy Whitfield MDL Novice

May 27, 2019
    How does "low voltage" make a computer run slow?

18. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    Well if PSU is failing in can slow down the mobo lack of proper voltage to all your chips.

19. pcnavarra

pcnavarra MDL Senior Member

Nov 13, 2017
    For me low voltage on cpu and mem sticks = No heat issues Whatsoever.