I need privacy, security add-ons for Firefox, chrome..

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Hugefiang, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Hugefiang

Hugefiang MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2018
    Hey there, i've read alot about

Decentraleyes, HTTPS everywhere etc...
    i already use uBlock origin for a while and it's fantastic..
    But my friends who knows alot about computers, recommends me to use Decentraleyes, HTTPS everywhere..

But can someone explain me why i should use it, and for what it's exactly good

And do you recommend it? :)

2. From my knowledge, Firefox now has built-in privacy protection such as blocking trackers and the like.

3. Hugefiang

Hugefiang MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2018
    Iknow, but people recommends me these add-ons but i need more answers and why that i should use it.

4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Both are outdated and inactive PUP. Absolutely not recommended, even if they can still be installed till now.
    And if someone "very smart" advises you to eat a s**t, then just don't eat, maybe "Best Before" is over already.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
  6. cyberloner

cyberloner MDL Member

Sep 19, 2009
    firefox is rock solid now

7. Hugefiang

Hugefiang MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2018
    So there's no need to use HTTPS everywhere and Decentraleyes these days?
    I've always used uBlock origin on Chrome, but i think i will switch over to Firefox, because Google is planning to change their browser so they can kill adblockers.. that's not fair. :eek:

8. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    That's not what I we said. Personally I said HTTPSE will become more and more obsolete, that doesn't mean it wouldn't make sense to use it (for you). Decentralize overall is still a good recommendation.

Again if you want to use Chrome/Chromium based browsers, use brave or the naked Chromium builds (they continue to support ad-block).

9. pcnavarra

pcnavarra MDL Senior Member

Nov 13, 2017
  10. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    Stick with Tor-Over-VPN + OpenVPN, make sure IPv6 is disabled everywhere (OS settings, router, all devices), stick with obfuscated VPN servers, disable WebRTC, use your VPN's DNS (or at least don't use ISP DNS). Some say you should not use uBlock Origin with Tor to appear like everyone else on the network, while others disagree. There are many other factors to consider, but those are the main ones.

11. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    Not long ago, WebRTC was not disabled by default in Firefox and by Tor-Over-VPN, I meant what you suggested - OpenVPN + Tor. What I am curious about is whether your ISP can figure our your OpenVPN login username password.

12. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    The commands belong directly in the .openvpn files.

Not from what I know, some sites block the User Agent, the traffic itself, specific ports or Firefox (based on fingerprinting). There are various things you could try but please stay on topic.

13. Hugefiang

Hugefiang MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2018
    What you mean with (The naked chromium builds) like the new Chromium edge?