I need the Upgrade Dvd from HP

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Fslynx, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Fslynx

Fslynx MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2010
    Hi everybody! I'm new in this great comunity and I feel that you have the best resources of Windows Se7en.

I've searching in this forum and a lot of sites in the Internet...I know that the upgrade kit from HP have 2 disks. I've a notebook (6898es) and a Desktop PC (a6641es) from HP.
    My desktop PC is qualify Windows Se7en PC, so I can upgrade without problems, but I've noticed that the upgrade program finished some time ago, so I couldn't request my upgrade kit.

I've now 2 disks downloaded from Internet:

1- Hp Upgrade Assistant (For notebooks - my notebook is "not quialified")
    2 -Hp operating system DVD (Windows 7 Home Premium from HP).

Can anybody help me with this trouble? I've searched on the Internet for that disk and it's very important for me.

I need only the 1st disk ( the upgrade assistant dvd for desktop PC). I've the operating system but the dvd upgrade is missing and I need it as soon as possible.

Ok guys thank you very much for readeing my message and trying to help me.
    See you!!! And thank you verryyyy muchh!!!!:rolleyes:

2. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
  3. Fslynx

Fslynx MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2010
    I've opened this program and it shows to me that version is 2.0 . I've readed that W7 needs SLIC 2.1 in orther to activate Windows 7 or something similar... In the hp download page I can't found an update for my BIOS and I supose that this update is in the Upgrade Assistant DVD. There is any one that can upload this DVD for me? I would pay if it is needed. Any idea is welcomed.

Thanks

4. Fslynx

Fslynx MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2010
    Thanks, I will try that. Anyway I'm going to give the desktop computer to another person, and he want's all the software legally, this is the reason why I'm trying to find the 2nd disk, if 2nd diks doesn't appear I'm dead....

I suspect that HP have 2 versions of HP Upgrade Assistant:

For Notebooks
    For Desktop PC's

I'm not able to get the Desktop version, the Notebooks version is easy to find but Desktop version is difficult as hell....

Thanks for your support, I will see this thread frecuently.