I require assistance please

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by hello10, Nov 25, 2013.

1. hello10

hello10 MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2013
    I used windows toolkit 2.4.5 which uses autokms to try and activate microsoft office, however, i wasn´t paying attention, went on the wrong menu and accidentally pressed the button to activate my already activated preinstalled windows 8. Now, because of this, im receiving notifications from my laptop telling me that although my laptop is activated and the product key is valid, my licence expires in 1 month. Ive done 3 complete factory resets however the problem persists, i keep trying to activate it using the product key however i keep receiving an error saying either that the DNS name does not exist or that it cannot connect to the KMS server.

Im assuming that the problem is that its trying to connect to the kms server instead of the microsoft server however i don´t have much knowledge in this area.

Could someone please help me? How do i make it go back to normal?

Thank you in advance :)

2. steven4554

steven4554 MDL Expert

Jul 12, 2009
  3. hello10

hello10 MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2013
    Thanks for your responce, i used RW- Everything which i found from these forums, id like to post the link to where i found it but i have less than 20 posts therefore the forum won´t allow me to do so, using it i found my OEM serial/ product key from the MSDN table which i used as it was my original, official product key. I used it and it now works. Thank you to these forums, i have been stuck on this problem without much sleep for 5 days now.

Thank you very much :D