I want to download all windows 7 updates offline which is the best way to do this?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Dmugen, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Dmugen

Dmugen MDL Novice

Sep 5, 2012
    I have windows 7 ultimate 64 and I want to download the updates offline, I have tried to use WSUSoffline and Autopatcher but they don't have pause/resume feature.

So which software has pause/resume feature for downloading windows 7 updates offline? and for the software to autoinstall the updates so I don't have to double click on each update when installing them.

2. Simpuhl

Simpuhl MDL Senior Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  4. ktgrrl

ktgrrl MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2013
    Hello! I'm also seeking advice regarding Windows 7 offline updates. I'm planning to do a clean re-install of Win 7 (dual-booted with XP) on an offline-only PC for some old programs, archived music & videos, and a few old games I still use occasionally. I will NEVER take it online, nor even an in-home network.
    I could install offline a full Win 7 updates pack that I'll download from another PC, and I can remove from the pack the individual updates I don't want to install, but I wonder if there's a relatively easy way to determine which updates are NOT required if I never take my old PC online? That is, I think I need patches to fix or enhance the OS, but not internet security updates including IE and Defender, which I won't use at all. Or do I not need any updates at all above SP1 (and .NET if my programs need it)?
    I've searched all over and not found an answer, so I hope someone here can point me in the right direction. I'll want to do the same for the XP re-install as well, but that's another project!
    Thanks for any assistance or advice!

5. ktgrrl

ktgrrl MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2013
    #6 ktgrrl, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    Thanks for the links, EFA11 and Tito. I read most of that thread before I posted my question (well, not all 90 pages of it yet!) and I didn't see any way to sort performance updates from IE and Defender security ones, without looking up each one separately by its KB number on MS site and reading its description. In that case, categorizing all those patches isn't feasible so I guess I'll just install all of them, even though that PC will never go online (I've removed the network card.)

I'm a newbie poster but long-time reader, maybe I asked my question in the wrong thread. My apologies if so.
    I appreciate all the fine work and helpful advice here. Many thanks!

Edit: I found another thread h**p://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/30064-catagorizing-windows-updates
    from Nov 2011, I thought the updates file was too old to be useful, but now I see that new updates have been added & sorted up to March 2015 into a .ulz for WUD. {Edit: And there are both Win 7 and XP ulz files.} That might be just what I need for my offline-only PC! {Edit: And I'll use WHD instead (thanks for link & advice, Simpuhl!) for my online PC.} I've never done this before, so fingers crossed...
    Thanks again, and I'm sorry I asked for advice prematurely. {Edit: I've done a lot more reading since asking!}

6. Bravo_Echo

Bravo_Echo MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2015
    I posted an almost identical question on another forum and did not get this answer. Thanks, you've helped me quite a bit, and you are correct, the last time I installed Win7 there were over 100 updates, AFTER I excluded all the stupid languages updates, and it took about the entire day to get them all dowloaded, installed, reboot, download, install, reboot, etc...