I want to make my PC much faster

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by BabySitter, Apr 28, 2014.

1. BabySitter

BabySitter MDL Junior Member

Jan 26, 2014
    Since i installed the windows on my computer i didn't clean it from rubbish
    I just need a good software the it can do everything to clean and repair my PC and make it much faster
    I use Win 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit

2. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    Go for CCleaner software for smooth cleaning.

Consider upgrading high amount of RAM for much faster and go for SSD too.

BTW, this topic is already discussed on many places.

3. BabySitter

Jan 26, 2014
    CCleaner i don't think its a good choice

4. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Just do a fresh install.

What is the spec on your machine.

You wanna make it faster, is your hardware old and dated ? Maybe update that first ?..

5. s1ave77

s1ave77 MDL Guide Dog/Dev

Aug 15, 2012
    Who told you this ... :g:?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. BabySitter

Jan 26, 2014
    My hardware is not old at all its a Haswell computer
    I just need a good software the it can do everything to clean and repair my PC and make it much faster
    CCleaner i think its not safe and not a completed program

7. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Overclock / Add more RAM / Install an SSD

8. taviruni

taviruni MDL Member

May 8, 2010
    CClener is very good, How you come to ask and when you get an answer you say I dont trust.

It is a very reliable and safe tool, just install and run it, don't mess with options live it as default.

It has a section to clean registry if you want.

Best Regards

9. BabySitter

Jan 26, 2014
    my processor don't has K to overclock it and i have 4gb ram and its enough and i dont have money for SSD

10. my2cents

my2cents Guest

#10 my2cents, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014
    What are your specs (2nd request)? What is your specific issue (eg, what is slow)? Is it just gaming or general computing (ie, opening and running specific programs)? What specifically does not work (provide examples)? Was it ever fast? Did this slowness just start recently? If so, any chance you are infected by malware? In summary, since your issue is unclear, and it appears you are hesitant to provide specific details, it almost seems like a clean install is the best (and maybe the only) solution for you.

11. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Frankly: There isn't any software which could do everything! Each software could do something! Get that in your head! And also get in your head that you never will get out the max of your computer, just something!

Even with the best intention, if you install more that 1 apps, there will be some negative effects with other apps, or drivers, or scripts, or batch file, or, or, or!!!!!

You run on 64bit OS?! Fine! All apps are 64bit? NO, they didn't, the majority will still 32bit at this time! Even if you install just 64bit apps, something will still run on 32 bit, just look at the /Progarm Files (x86) folder!

To get the max out of your computer, you'll need to have a lot of knowledge about any single Apps you're running and than you'll need to be able to configure each of that apps with an 'eye' on any other installed apps! Simply impossible I would say! There so many factors which need to be taken in account and I hardly believe that any normal user has the knowledge to handle that!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. my2cents

my2cents Guest

#12 my2cents, Apr 29, 2014
    Also, you could try downloading the Passmark benchmarking software (free for 30 days) just to see how your specific rig compares with others using the same hardware. Now, once you establish your own baseline, you can tailor a search for others using the same components. That way, you'll at least know if you are in the same ball park, relative to others with a similar hardware configuration. Unfortunately, I can not provide links yet because I am still a newbie. Please understand that this suggestion is based on the assumption that "all is well" (because you haven't identified any specific issues yet) with your rig and you just want it to go faster. Now, given you have already been provided with some good tips (add RAM, SSD, etc) the cost may be your most significant roadblock here.

13. my2cents

my2cents Guest

#13 my2cents, Apr 29, 2014
    Does you BIOS support "turbo mode?"

14. Dark Knight

Dark Knight MDL Senior Member

Jul 14, 2013
    #14 Dark Knight, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    Looks like this guy is shooting down every idea put to him, whomever or wherever he got the information that CCleaner is not a good program is just complete nonsense. :mad:

First off, there is no magic wand that you are going to wave to make your computer faster. If you simply want to "decrapify" your system it's not hard to do, just take a walk through your add / remove programs in the control panel and uninstall all the garbage software you see because it sounds to me like you bought a off the shelf model that came pre bundled with crap, THIS you don't need software for. THEN if your pc is still not fast enough you can go into the task manager and turn off any and all unnecessary running processes.

After that if you feel your pc is still not fast enough then you need to start thinking about hardware replacement or upgrades.

Just from your posts I am guessing you are a computer novice and are looking for a one click solution to make a new pc you bought that you are not really satisfied with blazing fast. Well I am here to tell you that there is no one click solution.

15. wet sock

wet sock MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2014
    I think he wants something like a magic wand - there are shops that sell those or maybe ebay.

16. JBenal

JBenal MDL Senior Member

Nov 2, 2009
  17. tinhoclagi2005

tinhoclagi2005 MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2013
    yes, i think privazer better ccleaner