I want Windows 7 Live CD ... ISO

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by alzaabi, Feb 28, 2012.

1. alzaabi

alzaabi MDL Junior Member

Aug 27, 2010
    any help "I want Windows 7 Live CD"
    i want to explore my laptop to copy my files

so help please

2. alzaabi

Aug 27, 2010
    I want something like this
    Windows 7 Ultimate Live CD + MS Office 2010 GENUINE (32+64)

3. _Vyper

_Vyper MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2009
    to my knowledge this isn't possible(or at least very feasible)...

lets look at thins logically:
    1.) Windows 7 install disk in 32+64bit is ~4gb
    2.) Office 2010 Professional Plus 32+64bit is ~1.5-2gb

Well you're likely thinking "Gee, that will fit on a DVD-R/+R DL" and for the INSTALLERS you'd be right... The problem is that the windows 7 wim file re highly compressed and not configured for your hardware the install process uncompresses them to your (writable, persistent hard drive), but even if you could boot to the wim file it would still be read only so it still could not properly initialize the drivers for your hardware and if it did recognize your hardware the typical required reboot would wipe out the drivers it just loaded.

next you're thinking well why can't i just add the drivers to the wim? well, you can do that but you're going to have to load a LOT of drivers to be very universal. then you also have the legalities of running it as you really aren't allowed to run win7 ultimate on systems not licensed for it (not a lawyer, but I can't see how I'm wrong on that), same goes for the office suite.

lastly if this is just to explore your system and copy of some files why d you need both 32 and 64bit as you know what hardware it has in it - you could also do a DVD of each... plus if you are just exploring and copying stuff (I assume for recovery purposes?) why do you need a full office 2010? as the office viewers will work just fine for figuring out which file is which.

Oh yeah, before i forget - if such a disc did exist it would be a violation of copy-write and likely the EULA to distribute it and since this is not a warez forum you wouldn't find it here anyway :p

4. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Use an Ubuntu LiveCD or Knoppix. Boot either, and assuming your files are not damaged, you can copy them off. A Windows 7 LiveCD is going to be very problematic at best.

5. ViP3r011

ViP3r011 MDL Novice

Mar 29, 2009
    mayb when bluray writers as common as dvd then possible and when win10 out :) will it be possible

6. UVAIS

UVAIS MDL Expert

Mar 17, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    give me a few and i'll upload a good, self-made 7 PE disc that has explorer and other tools with it. one's 300mb and another is 500mb.

and you aren't going to get a 7 live cd with Office on it. it will never happen. but with my PE disc you can still install programs to it once it's loaded. so no more only being able to use only the programs that it has with it.

8. HALIKUS

HALIKUS MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    google Win7PE_SE_20120216.7z
    It will have everything you need to create a x86 or x64 (with syswow64) Winpe 3, all you need to supply is a Win7 SP1 extracted ISO for a source. You can also install "Open Office" if you google a working Winpe script.

9. alzaabi

Aug 27, 2010
    thank u my friend ,but who is this in the picture ??

10. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    it's a random net pic: search "fat nerd" in images online

11. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
  12. alzaabi

Aug 27, 2010
    thank u very much ,,,, downloading but need the other parts

13. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    no prob.

and i realize this. i've been busy, as i do have a life. and it takes time. they'll all be up sometime today.

14. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    part 2 is up. i'm working on it, man, my upload speeds just suck. it's like 1% of my download speed.

and using various methods you will either get crappy 7 PE builds, or you get failures to load explorer.exe at boot. i can't remember what i used to make mine, but even it was not the best but it was the only one to work out of nearly 5 tools that i tried to make one. through this build i was able to actually see what all is involved in compiling a working PE with 7 and at some point i'm going to build my own without tools or scripts.

15. Dave-UK

Dave-UK MDL Junior Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Well, I've made two live cds (32 bit and 64 bit) for Win7, but this forum will not allow me to post the links
    because I haven't posted enough times.:confused:
    So if you can provide an email address I'll send the links to you, if you are still interested.

16. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Post the link just replace all the " . " with "dot" ... we'll understand. Maybe "slash" for " \ " and so forth.

17. Dave-UK

Dave-UK MDL Junior Member

Apr 24, 2011
    I'm sure you'll understand but will the moderators ?
    I don't want to get kicked off the forum.

18. alzaabi

Aug 27, 2010
    thank u very much i will contact u