I want WinXP SP2 VOLUME EDITION CD!

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by Beowulf, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Beowulf

Beowulf MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Windows_Addict

Windows_Addict MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2018
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Beowulf

Beowulf MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    @Windows_Addict thank you for taking out your time.
    But i already have a digital copy, the one with matching hashes that was released by MSDN.
    I have Winxp SP2 Vol Cd(digital copy).
    But i was looking if someone had a hardcopy of Winxp CD Vol Edition. I am willing to buy from anyone who has that.
    You would only notice the shuttle difference if you had a XP system. I have it and its very clear and feels very stable.
    But i installed the one from MSDN with matching hashes, and it doesn't feel like the pc that came with xp preinstalled. I think which is OEM release.
    I found someone who sells Winxp CD in e-bay (especially OEM CD), but he couldnt find a volume edition too.
    Will Microsoft even Acivate pc with Winxp OEM now-a-days.With genuine serial. ???:nono2::nono2::nono2: (i don't think so)
    But volume cd will not have that problem.
    Hence i started this thread.

4. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    If the PC came with XP pre-installed, and if it is one of the bigger OEM brands (HP, Lenovo, Dell etc.), then it will have the necessary OEM manufacturer string in the BIOS (SLP 1.0). Using the correct OEM installation CD (with OEMBIOS file set), the system will then activate offline.
    (The OEMBIOS tool will tell you which OEMBIOS set is required.)

MS activation should still work. You might need to install the current MS root certificate manually.

5. Beowulf

Beowulf MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    @Carlos Detweiller i tried that one time(long time back). It couldn't activate the pc. My system is all assembled, EliteGroup motherboard, WD HDD.
    All was assembled, and i think plain old WINXP OEM was installed and activated.
    But i did try that method. My PC is not from branded name like HP or Dell.
    How i wish it was now, then i could have it activated offline.
    Copy of XP Volume edition in this time, i think is a very rare find. People from e-bay cannot find it.

Anyways if anyone has one, we can make a deal.

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  7. Carlos Detweiller

Dec 21, 2012
    The problem is that you, as an individual person, can not own any Volume License. Such licenses are only granted together with (time limited) Volume contracts.

There are methods to insert one of the required SLP manufacturer strings (modding BIOS, tattoo DMI).

8. Beowulf

Beowulf MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    @Carlos Detweiller I think one time i did try that too. Tattoing something but it was on an old PC. Then Pentium IV was the latest processor.
    I didn't completely finished that work.Since it was my brothers PC and i didn't want to break it.
    Volume contracts, i think you mean its available only for big corporation,factories and Govt.offices; if thats so then why would MSDN take the trouble of
    putting volume edition images in there page. It doesn't make sense.

9. Carlos Detweiller

Dec 21, 2012
    #9 Carlos Detweiller, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    No idea. Possibly for evaluation and testing, but only MS knows exactly why. Plus, MS not making complete sense isn't anything new.
    The files that create a Volume media are called "Corpfiles", the name should be a hint what purpose they belong to. They leaked pre-release, then the "devils0wn" XP hack was released, rest is history.
    Volume Editions are not meant for us mere mortals. However, I don't believe they will come knocking at your door, especially for XP. It will die this year, anyway.

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @Beowulf did you try the oembios tool to see if EliteGroup was in dmi area in bios.

11. Beowulf

Beowulf MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    @urie yes i tried that all a long time back. EliteGroup doesn't even exists; it didnt' have the bios file like the popular and famed HP and Dell etc.
    But i tried it all. My purpose of having a XP Vol Cd is just have a activated XP (i am on a dual boot).
    @Carlos Detweiller :g::g::g: u're probably right there.
    I'll stop my search here. Thank you all for your concern and time. Its a rare find. If people of this part of the forum cannot find then how can i.
    I am not dieing to have one; you know. Take care folks.

12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007