I would like Windows XP Tablet PC Edition

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by wannabefishguru, Sep 20, 2012.

1. wannabefishguru

wannabefishguru MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2012
    #1 wannabefishguru, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
    Hello, I have a Motion Computing M1200 stating on the COA sticker sticker it runs xp tablet pc edition, i bout windows 7 but intel stopped updating the driver for the graphics on that system so was able to install xp professional but from what I have found out that the computer needs tablet edition service pack 2 to be able to run it motion dashboard and button (i guess the tablet button and driver software).

I don't understand what xp version is the tablet version. Is it the media center version? I have been clicking on some these software download links and they are dead. The Motion M1200 is a 32 bit system x86, I hope that is correct.

Please and Thank You,

wannabefishguru

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. wannabefishguru

Sep 20, 2012
    Hi, not sure what to do here. I have downloaded the link which gave me a file called xparchive6, not sure what to do with this folder.

Please and thank you,

wannabefishguru

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Open the archive & read the readme inside.

5. wannabefishguru

Sep 20, 2012
    okay this is what i have done so far

i have read the readme

i downloaded the link
    opened xparchive6 folder
    opened passwords.txt file
    scrolled to the bottom and under untouched iso's there are two download links for the tablet os, cd1 and cd2
    for tablet cd1 download it contains 2 parts for cd1 and 2 parts for cd2 which i joined them with winrar and got 1 winrar file named cd1 and cd2
    for tablet cd2 download it contains 2 parts for cd1 and 2 parts for cd2 which i joined them with winrar and got 1 winrar file named cd1 and cd2

so now i have 2 winrar files for cd1 and 2 winrar files for cd2
    i created a new folder and xtracted the 2 winrar files for cd1 to the new folder and reapeated this with the cd2 aswell but with a new folder

But both files look the same.

so i decided to run winsetupfromusb and make a bootable usb drive with the new folder with the cd1 files. It boots and it shows the experimental boot option along with the option of disk one or disk two, i click on disk one like i did when i installed windows xp pro but instead of getting text install i get some kind of grub type of thing,

Please and Thank You,

wannabefishguru

6. festac

festac MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2012
    The two mediafire links in the text file for CD1 & CD2 are identical. They are listed separately simply because you need to use different passwords to extract the two CDs. So you only need to download the parts from one of the links.

The problem you have is that some of the parts for CD1 are missing. You can get CD2 by taking the two parts which are available for that and unraring them. But in order to get CD1 you would probably need to request a re-upload.

Alternatively you could try MCE 2005 as Tito says that this contains the Tablet PC built in. The links for MCE in the text file seem to be complete.

7. wannabefishguru

Sep 20, 2012
    Hello,

Okay, now I am a bit confused here. I am installing it, I get to the part where is is asking for a product key, but the title of this product key window is Windows XP Professional Setup. So what am I installing here? But I have another question though I do have the microsoft sticker on the back of the tablet, can I do anything with this?

8. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Just enter that key & you will be prompted for the 2nd disc.

9. wannabefishguru

Sep 20, 2012
    Hello,

It doesn't not accept the coa code from the sticker. What now, I have requested the tablet version the be redone.

10. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  11. wannabefishguru

Sep 20, 2012
    #11 wannabefishguru, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
    (OP)
    Hello,

Okay, I followed the link, I see there is two ways to go, not sure which way to go. the source #2 has a megaupload link for Step 2 making it impossible to continue on. So I tried to see what source #1 was about, the link works in step 2 but in step 4 where does these files go? BUT when I get to step 5 and run the oembiostest it says that I do not have any SLP strings in my bios.