iATKOS, OSx86 Project

Discussion in 'macOS' started by zort, Nov 18, 2008.

1. zort

zort MDL Expert

Feb 19, 2008
  2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #2 Yen, Nov 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    What is the mod to the dsdt table??

I would LUV to try OSX on my machine, I think this may be another holiday playtoy!!:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ubuntu83

ubuntu83 MDL Junior Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Try the Kalyway 10.5.2 release. It's the best one. Post the info about your Hardware too.

5. RVH2009

RVH2009 MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2008
    HEY WHATS UP, I WAS IN NEED OF SOME ASSISTANCE INSTALLING iATKOS,I HAVE A 4.1 ISO AND WAS WONDERING IF YOU COULD HELP ME WITH THE INSTALL DIRECTIONS I HAVEN'T GONE PAST READING THE FIRST PAGE OF COMMENTS BUT I'M GOING TO RIGHT AFTER I POST THIS THANKS,I ALSO HAVE A ISO OF DENEB DO YOU PREFER ONE TO THE OTHER IF SO WHY?

6. hanausagi

hanausagi MDL Novice

Oct 13, 2007
    My Resolution is 1024 x 576
    I can't see install button.
    please help me

7. Drakie

Drakie MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2008
    I have tried iATKOS and kalyway several times, however i always end up going back to windows because i could never get my belkin wireless g adaptor to play nice with OS X. It was always a pain, i tried so many fixes and drivers, but never got further than getting the adaptor recognised until i restarted. Shame really because judging by the performance and looks, i would have probably traded windows in for OS X if it worked :( .

8. cupidnior

cupidnior MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2008
    Post your system spec and the dvd you used..
    May be I can help...

I haven't came here for a long time. Just found there is a new forum...
    I have played with osx86 for about two years...
    Currently running on Kalyway and retail DVD...

9. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    #10 Myrrh, May 19, 2009
    Last edited: May 19, 2009
    Wow, this is great!

Only took me two days of reading, cursing and experimenting till my eyes and fingers bleed. My pc now has a split personality. :D

This is not for the faint-hearted, it takes a lot of work and expertise to install something supposedly stupid-easy to use.

I threw another drive in my main home machine, used the iATKOS 10.5.5 distribution and eventually found a combination of bios settings and install checkboxes that allowed it to install and boot. Even downloaded the 10.5.7 and other stuff from apple update, I was literally amazed when it successfully booted after that.

My specs are: ASUS P5B-E, Core 2 Duo E4300, nVidia 8600GTS, ICH8R in RAID mode. Apparently I got lucky with this build, without touching anything it's about 95% compatible with a stock Intel mac. The other 5% was figuring out to specify the ACPI support, intel AHCI driver and adding a different ethernet card as it did not recognize the built in one.

As I had my windows drive disconnected during these experiments, nothing was altered there so it still boots windows. I now have both drives connected, I can press F8 during the boot process and get to choose which hard drive to boot from.

Next project... figuring how to make the thing work in a hyper-v virtual machine. Guess I've got to figure out exactly what hardware is being emulated, and see if I can make one of the OSX86 distros think it is compatible. All I get so far is a blinking cursor and maxed cpu in the virtual machine. Any help or suggestions welcome. :)

10. darksx

darksx MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2009
    I'm thinking of doing this on my laptop (Acer TravelMate 4150). I've tried it once and it failed with the bootup. Any recommendations? Kalyway, iATKOS or what?

Specs:
    Intel Pentium M Processor 2.00GHz
    RAM: 2GB
    System type: 32-bit
    Graphics: nVidia GeForce Go 6200
    DVD Drive: Slimtype DVDRW
    Network: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection (Wireless), Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller(LAN)
    Sound:Realtek AC'97 Audio
    Keyboard: Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse: USB Logitech LS1

11. cupidnior

cupidnior MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2008
    You should boot the dvd with -v -legacy and then capture the picture when it hangs. You should try xXx 10.5.6. It's work great on my old notebook with Pentium M 725 (1.6 GHz).

12. mojaideen

mojaideen MDL Member

Feb 7, 2008
    i'm planning to install osx along with vista (dual boot coz i wanna have it all :D) on asus eeepc 1005ha.
    vista successfully installed with bios mod 2.1 with the help of by busykid508, 911medic and many other experts here.
    i read in some other forums that bios modification is needed to run osx on certain machines. i am wonderin which part of the bios are they modifying? and is it possible to do it alongside with SLIC bios mod? :confused:

13. weinter

weinter MDL Senior Member

Feb 19, 2009
    #14 weinter, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
    You don't need BIOS mod because Macbooks don't have BIOS :D.
    They use EFI and makes Zero effort to emulate BIOS unlike some EFI in other laptops we have seen Acer,HP etc.
    This has resulted in overheating Macs in Windows Gaming and lousy Windows Driver in BootCamp because there is no BIOS.

Those x86 distros are already patched to run on any x86 machines.
    You just need the relevant drivers (.Kext -not sure) for the hackintosh.
    Having said that I tried installing succeeded and found it was a waste of time.
    Simply because the OS doesn't come with a lot of free default software.
    I find the interface too restrictive for power user (IMO Windows has a much more informative Control Panel, OS X assumes you are a clueless user, some people like it some people don't), compare to Linux it just fire up terminal and I can feel the power in the white Window.
    Although OS X has terminal too but then if I wanted to use Terminal I would have choosen Linux instead wouldn't I?

14. gattolino

gattolino MDL Novice

May 26, 2009
    anyone know if it work on p4? if i boot install cd with cpus=1 and -v it reboot without error messages

15. neosmokes

neosmokes MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2009
    OS X for my AMD PC Please !

Hi there !

MDL helped me to install Windows 7 perfectly :D
    A wonderful forum and wonderful people :cool:

I tried to install OS X on my AMD PC for many times but in vain.

I hope I will get the right stuff here to install... here is my PC configuration

Processor :
    AMD Phenom X 4 9550
    Socket AM2+(940)
    Instructions - MMX(+), 3DNow(+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4A, X86-64

Motherboard
    ASUSTek - M3N78-EMH HDMI
    cHIPSET - NVIDIA
    Graphics - GeForce 8200 On Built

BIOS
    American Megatrends Inc.
    Ver : 0602 (Moded to SLIC 2.1 for Windows 7)
    Date : 11/04/2008

Memory
    Type : DDR2
    Size : 4GB

kindly suggest me a links also :) :D

16. e46hellboy

e46hellboy MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2010
    Hello ppl!

I have a Dell Studio s1745 and im trying to install iatkos v7 on it. Could anybody here assist me with the appropiate setting to select for the installation? I've tried to find them, but the are nowhere to be found. I know there's a way to do it because i saw a video on youtube of somebody with the same laptop as mine running smooth. The thing is that the MF doesn't wanna throw a bone to nodoby.

Anyway i'm shouting for help here, if somebody is willing to help me out let me know.

My email is deharo8@yahoo.com

Thanx in advance

17. impireui

impireui MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2010
    When Iatkos v7 on my acer extensa I went to the customize option in the setup and used the main leopard install.Go through each section and select check anything that applies to your particular system your vga,wifi,and you should be able to find what video card processor and network card you have...The problem I was havin was it would go through setup and then sit at a blue screen.The problem was I didnt have the vga that I needed checked.I plugged in an external monitor and poof there it was so then i went back and ran the install disk again and unchecked everything accept the gmax3100 and just installed that right off the disk and that was it.running great everything works and I really like it.I hope this helped.One more thing I didnt have to change anything in my bios to get it to work.
    Imp

18. kapy2010

kapy2010 MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2012
    TOUCHPAD and USB MOUSE not working during iATKOS l2 installation

HELP!HELP!HELP!! Please someone help me
    i can't install iAtkos l2 as my TOUCHPAD and USB MOUSE do not work during the installation
    i can't even access the disk utilities option
    when i boot the dvd and press F8 and enter "-v" a message comes --BootCacheControl : Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist : 2 no such file or directory-- and screen freezes
    Thankyou in advance

system specs
    Dell Vostro 3750
    Intel Core i5-2430M
    Chipset - Intel HM67
    4 gb DDR3 SDRAM

19. =)(=

=)(= Guest

iAtkos and all other distros are illegal since you are not buying OSX trough app store but you obtain it from torrent. Therefore it should not be allowed in here.