IBM T40 laptop not activated in Win7 x86

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by catdog215, Oct 28, 2009.

1. catdog215

catdog215 MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #1 catdog215, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
    Hi all,

I did a clean installation of window 7 ultimate x86 on my IBM T40 laptop. but it still said 30 days trail, please activate. this is what i did:

1) to do a clean installation, i use Auto-Activating DVD Kit Remake by Sam. everything went great and i saw a cmd doing it thing (like insert key) while window 7 trying to setup icon on desktop. once everything finished, i look at the "properties" and it still said "Not activated". Why?

2) when i saw it's not activated, I used Daz "Windows 7 Loader v1.7.2", All i did was click "Install".. restart pc, still it's "not activated" Why?

3) Not working, i then use 7loader 1.6.1d, installed IBM logo and then click "Install/Remove", pc restarted... Still not activated.. Why?

i give-up and did a clean installation again but this time i use the "untouch" window 7 Ultimate x86 (no $OEM$ in the soruce folder).

1) i use 7loader 1.6.1d installed IBM logo and then click "Install/Remove", pc restarted... Still not activated..

2) Not working, i then used Daz "Windows 7 Loader v1.7.2", All i did was click "Install".. restart pc, still it's "not activated" Why?

Maybe because i use Auto-Activating DVD Kit Remake by Sam (dragging $OEM$ in source folder causing these step to not activated???)

Please help me.. do i need to "restore from window 7, select cmd, then type these: in these order

first) bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    second) bootrec.exe /fixboot
    and then
    third) bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    then do a clean installation again?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. catdog215

catdog215 MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Any1 help me?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SirSilentBob

SirSilentBob MDL Senior Member

Jun 5, 2009
    When I searched the forums, I found a bios mod for my particular version of the T40, so I didn't need a loader. Have you searched the bios mods forum, to see if yours has already been modded as well?

4. Tripa

Tripa MDL Member

Oct 6, 2009

I had a similar experience with a Thinkpad R50e. No loader would activate it.
    So I flashed the modded BIOS and all went fine.

5. Tripa

Tripa MDL Member

Oct 6, 2009
    To uninstall any loader you might have you shoud do

bootsect c: /nt60

from cmd, booting from CD