IBook G4

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Barney Bear, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Barney Bear

Barney Bear MDL Novice

May 28, 2007
    #1 Barney Bear, Sep 25, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
    I dont know if you can help but, my friends got a Ibook G4 laptop he was downloading updates and he powered it off with the on/off button and killed the OS it will only boot to the apple logo & progress bar the goes from left to right then it hangs I have been reading round the net and done all the command prompt stuff, safe mode and so on but no luck, he,s lost the recovery disk, so we are sort of a bit lost I have seen the fire wire way but dont have access to that way. but his mac o/s is it a bit like Windows with one copy to one machine more or less, I have seen mac os on ebay but I dont know what os he,s got on this Ibook G4 I think its tiger it was bought in 2005, any advice would be grateful, just one last thing we phoned apple (UK) and they give us a local repair shop, when I called them he said they can recover it, but they wont sell us a disk. this is the first time I have been near a Apple machine.. (good old Windows) LOL

PS can anyone tell me where I can DL a copy that will work on this machine, it was built in 2005

Sorry for going on

Barney

2. Barney Bear

Barney Bear MDL Novice

May 28, 2007
    Can Close this Post Today We Have :)LUCK:) He,s dam well found the disk and we / he are back up and running. when painting the living room all stuff was moved in to the Garage and that where it was, I have give him a few does and dont's on updates printed a big DVD holder and printed on KEEP SAFE

3. XeoNoX

XeoNoX MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2007

haha funny story, but sometimes that kinda stuff must be done with some people